Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP Ehp 7 for HANA on non-HANA database

kkoetter
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I always thought that we have different versions of ERP enhancement packages for HANA and non-HANA.

That means, ERP Ehp 6 comes in two flavours SAP_APPL 606 (non-HANA) and SAP_APPL 616 (HANA), the same for Ehp 7 with SAP_APPL 607 (non-HANA) and SAP_APPL 617 (HANA).

Bur recently I saw that in a system:

What is this?

SAP Ehp 7 for HANA (SAP_APPL 617) runs on Oracle? Is it possible to run the Ehp HANA version on any non-HANA db?

Best regards,

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is correct. The difference between component level is only in case of EHP6 i.e. in EHP6 (non-Hana) SAP_APPL is 606 but in EHP6 (HANA), SAP_APPL is 616. But same is not true in case of EHP7.

In EHP7, version of SAP_APPL is 617 for both. Please refer to SAP note 774615 for more information.

Thanks,

Sunny

kkoetter
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

thanks for the information, that clarifies a lot.

One technical question: As Ehp 7 is only one Add-on for HANA and non-HANA, how are different implementation for HANA and non-HANA technically seperated? Are db dependent implementation encapsulated in ehancement implementations, and depending on the db different implmentations are active?

Best regards,

Karsten

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did not get your question "EHP7 is only one Add-on". It is not a add-on, EHP7 is a full system. EHP7 on HANA utilize underlying capability of HANA database to give you faster OLTP system.

Thanks,

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.