Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report On Reference Customers

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My process is-- we will always create Customers in XD01 by Taking a reference customer belongs to same area.

Now For a list of 120 Customers--i need to retrieve a report--what was exact customers has been taken as reference in Creation.

How to do this?

Example:

• Customer X1 Created By taking reference of Y1 Customer
  • Customer X2 Also Created By taking reference of Y1 Customer again.
  • Customer X3 Created By taking reference of Y2 Customer
  • Customer X4 Created By taking reference of Z1 Customer

Now after creation--i need to Retrieve the Report of X1,2,3,4 has been created--with Y1,Y1,Y2,Z1 respectively.

How to do this.

Please help.

Phanikumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No standard functionality is available to track this.  You have to go with zee table where you can have fields like

• New customer code
  • Reference customer code

and as and when the new customer is saved, system in the background, should store these two references in this zee table via SAPMF02D.  This is also, I would recommend if you need it desperately.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir-thank you very much for helping me.

I can go with creation of Z-table as such there is no Standard Report.

But What about the Customers Already created from the Past 5 Years?

Pl help.

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think, you can track for old customers

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed with Lakshamipathi Sir. Field REF_KUNNR is not there in DB table so you won't get information for old customers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

once the customer is created, there's no field reporting this information, so you can't do that backwards. SAP tracks a lot of information, but those which are not tracked can't be retrieved by the past. Your customer is asking you for building the time-machine.

If you want to be able to collect this information for new customers created, you should map it as an additional partner or in a text (and decide if the user should fill it manually, or fill it automatically when saving the Customer Master data, as already hinted by G Lakshmipathi).

Best regards,

Andrea

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea,

yes-you are right--this could be one reason as per your first paragraph.

thanks for helping me.

Thread closed.

Phanikumar.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir---That is what the Challenge given by my client to me.

Actually i will tell you why my client want this.

Previously Some of the end users are given permission for XD01 Creations.

Once some data has came wrong for one customer(Like wrong Recon account)---they are trying to mask their mistake of wrong reference customer---But telling that system is not copied the data correctly.(No changes has been observed in XD04 for recon account)

Hope you understood my situation and now client asking me if reference has been taken--why it cannot be retrieved in SAP--I tried my level best by showing the F1-technical settings on Reference customer field in XD01 that showing as structure--But unable to convince.

Pl Help.

Phanikumar

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have such users everywhere and this is common sense that SAP is a written program and it will do the same we ask it to do. Humans can make mistakes but not SAP unless we write wrong program. If SAP is copying all information now then it means it was copying in past and this is standard SAP program and they have tested it and every company uses this functionality.

You won't get any information from and this is matter of understanding and believing in SAP. Try to convince your user that if they have selected SAP as their ERP solution then trust it not these users who always try to play these old tacts.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, you can take the screen shot of change log for that sale order.  This will show clearly what fields are changed.  If system is not showing that field under change log, then you can conclude that whatever name flowing in "Created by" is responsible for all.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir--Yes ,

let me apply the same suggestion as suggested by you--will be highly helpful to handle.

Phanikumar