cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picking quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there any way for non-wm orders the picking quantity should be equal to the Delivery Quantity.

I mean as you create the delivery for Non-WM orders, the picking quantity should be defaulted which is equal to the Delivery Quantity in the Delivery which is created referring the sales order through VL01N transaction.

I think this is done earlier versions but not in ECC 5.0. Or is there any confid I need to look into.

Please pour some light.

Thanks,

Sharath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jayant,

if you want picking quantity always = to delivered quantity then the only wayout is thru abap.

we have done this....

use mv50afz1 userexit and write a logic between form and end form of update_pick quantity with pick quantity field always = to delivery quantity.,system defaults always like u r looking,but it can be overwritten manually ...

hope this helps.

if so please reward !!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayant

The pick quantity can be made to appear automatically if output type EK00 is used. This is an old process so menu paths are not available anymore. The transactions are described in Note 145136.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reponse Michael, this was spot on. There is no need for any ABAP work, just issue the Pick List and the qty in the picked qty cell is completed

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can avoid the picking activity by not checking <b>Relevant for Picking</b> in The Delivery Item category screen. Menupath is as under:

<b>IMG -> Logistic Execution -> Shipping -> Deliveries -> Define item categories for deliveries</b>

However, you will have to modify the delivery quantity if you want to deliver lesser than system prompted. Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel even if WM is not there, still delivery creation is logical thing. In the sense that, we can just create a delivery and not actually do any physical process. But its the picking which starts it. And during picking we might have stocks of items that might belong to various batches in different quantities.

If this is the sceanario, I dont find a way that the system can automatically make a judgement to pick stock from which batch. But we do have a batch search strategy that helps find stock as per the availability in batches. But yet, picking would be done manually.

Iam as well interested to know if there is such provision.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

We are not using any batch processing and there is picking, but we don't want to include that in the process and make picker enter the picking quantity.Our materials are nothing but brochures.

I found something in Shipping point Definition in Customizing. At the bottom, it's called Picking Confirmation.

I think we need to select Option A for Non-WM orders.

Please let me know, if there's anything

I still need to test it.

Sharath.