Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer tray's

dmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have the following requirement:

The form purchase order is to be issued for each purchasing group into a different Printer tray:

Group1 to tray1

Group2 to tray2

and so on

(about 8 groups).

I know that I can define the printer tray’s in a XDC-File and I can set in the form the paper type.

But I’m not able to find a solution, how I can tell the form witch try is used for group 1, group 2, etc.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

here are your steps, what to do, to solve your problem.

Unfortunaly you aren't able to select the tray in Adobe direct. The way what they go, is, that the printer knows, where to print...

In your case, I think, you got different salesunits or something like that and you have to find the correct paper, with the preprints at.

Follow these steps:

1. Create a second Masterpage. and surround it by an pageset ( German Seitensatz )

1. Select for each Masterpage, a different paper ( see the screen below ), most times i use A4 and A4 Color.
  2. Now, you have to modify your driver-program and build a logic, when to select the other paperformat. Just throw another parameter into your interface, so you can get it again in the Adobe.
  3. Last step to archive this is, that you have to code with javascript in the initialize-Event the correct pageset, depending out of the interface-parameter, which you created the step before.
  4. Of course, now you have to modify the XDC-File, to set the correct tray for the paper. But this should be part of the basis-guys

Screen to step 1:

Screen to step 2:

I hope, this help you out of the situation.

If you need help to Script the event, just let me know, I think, I will find a example in my datatrash:-)

Regards

florian

dmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Florian

Thanks a lot for your help, I will try and tell you

Thanks and Best regards

Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Can you please let me know the requirement more clearly.

Regards,

Varun

dmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Varum

With information are you missing?

Regard, Daniel

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

here is the document you were looking for:

Here are some words out of the document:

3.2 Printing a document on a specific type of paper

You can print a particular document on a specific type of paper residing in a non-default paper tray. To do this, you modify your XDC file and job profile so that the printer feeds from this paper tray. You would follow this scenario if you want to change the type of paper specified in your form (XDP file) or if your form does not have a type of paper specified.

Work trough the document, I think there is your question solved.

Regards

Florian

dmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Florian

Thank you for this usefull link.

Maybe I'm to much stupid, but I still can't solve my requirement:

For each purchasing group (a sap user) the print output has to be in a other printer tray:

Purchasing group 1 - Output in Tray 1

Purchasing group 2 - Output in Tray 2

The information witch purchasing group wants to print the form is only in the print-programm and in the interface of the form.

How I can give this information to the form - to set the paper type how is in the xdc-file for Tray 1, Tray 2, etc.?

I thank you in advance if someone so patient with me

Best regards

Daniel

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

enhance the printerprogram with your abap-logic to give a flag into the interface. In the initalization event of the designview you can set the correct tray with a javascript-coding.

If I find an example, I edit my post later. But right at the moment my times runs away

Regards

Florian

dmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Florian

Many Thanks, I am looking forward to see your solution

Best Regard

Daniel

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

the trayselection is working? I mean, if you set a tray in the form, the correct tray generates the output. I just ask, because the XDC is configured by the basis-guys and if this isn't done, you got no chance, to select any tray.

Regards

Florian

dmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Florian

yes, the xdc file is already configured and it works

Best regards

Daniel