Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7 SP4 iOS Enrollment problem

rpanneel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue after upgrading Afaria to SP4: When I navigate to the EUSSP and click on enroll i receive a HTTP 404 on the following url:

http://server/aipsR/Register?ID=<deviceId>&ClientType=-8

Seems that in the aipsR folder the Register.aspx file doesn't exists....

I've done a reinstall of the enrollment server, but still this file doesn't exist.

Anyone has an idea what the possible root cause is and maybe have a solution for this issue?

Enrolling via the workaround with accessing the ssp on a desktop still works.

Thanks in advance!

Robin

BTW: we do not use a relay server in this (demo) installation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_loop
Contributor
0 Kudos

Robin,

I hope you were able to resolve this issue.

In SP4, MDM-first enrollment was introduced, and with it, a network "hop". A connection would be made to the /aipsR/ application, and then, in order to communicate with the /aips2/ application, a call would be made to the server address from the Device Communication page. This is typically a load balancer, firewall or Relay Server, and the address is to the EXTERNAL network address. Most networks will not allow connects from within the firewall to access external addresses.

I believe that this behavior was removed in SP5.

In the meantime, if you can't arrange to allow your enrollment server to access the external server address, the most common solution is to add an entry to the hosts file on the enrollment server, so that the external address is routed to the internal address of the same server.

I hope this helps,

Mike Loop - SAP Active Global Support

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same error, but I can't find "/Register" in installation path that was bind in IIS.

Regards,

Rui Keiti Kikumatsu

Former Member
0 Kudos

/Register is not in IIS 🙂

/AipsR/ should be...

Also look at this thread:

For us that fixed the issue

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

When I try to enroll an iOS 7.1 device using the URL provide by Afaria, the web browser shows an error like this.

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Requested URL http://<Relay Server>:80/aipsr/Register?ID=i0amb6rn&ClientType=-8&RS=/mobile/client/rs_client.dll/enrollment-farm-QAS/

Physical Path D:\Program Files\AIPS\aipsR\Register (folder in Afaria Server, not present in Relay)

Logon Method Anonymous

Logon User Anonymous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you share your "Enrollment Server" settings in Afaria Admin UI?

And also your enrollment policy settings (MDM URL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update...Believe I found a possible fix for the issue  Since iOS 7 MDM-First enrollment has the internal Afaria server contact the external URL hosted on the relay server, a split brain dns issue was occuring.  Since the internal Afaria server, and proxy, reference a internal dns server, it was looking for an internal record for mdm.company.com  and not the external DNS record for the same domain mdm.company.com.  I simply created and internal DNS record for and pointed it to the external IP of the relay server and had success.  Wait a couple hours for replication to occur.

Were you ever able to get past the 404 message.  I am trying to enroll an iOS 7 device from an externally hosted EUSSP.  As soon as I click on Enroll..I receive the same message you do.  We also happen to be using a relay server that is not load balanced at the moment.  If I use the enrollment code you would get for an iOS 6 device on an iOS 7 device, works fine.

K-
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

try to uninstall the CISCO ISE addon.

I got the same error and I worked it out uninstalling the Cisco addon, it seems it creates some conflicts with the enrollment section of the SSP.

Hope it helps.

AK -

rpanneel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Unfortunately we haven't installed the CISCO ISE addon. So this can't be the root cause of this issue.

Kind regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What i understand the url with Register is for device above IOS7 .

I will suggest to create a enrollment code for IOS6 and lower.

Add the enrollment code in SSP from Afaria console setting for self service portal and Try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Error can be for multiple reason.

Can you test the enrollment without SSP .

please provide the steps you are following with SSP and also error on which step you are getting.

rpanneel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

I get the error when I click on the enroll button in the EUSSP on my iPad (iOS7 version).

When I go to the EUSSP on a desktop to enroll it on another device I can actually enroll te device (if I say it's a non iOS7 device)

When you click on the enroll button, you go to a url with aipsR/Register, but there I get an 404 error. And I don't see a register file in the folder behind that IIS page...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you test the enrolling the device without SSP? for IOS7

rpanneel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I've tested that and that works as a charm...

Guess it's something small in my IIS configuration for the aipsR virtual directory.

Kind regards,

Robin