cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we test ABAP proxy to HTTP_AAE synchronous scenarios without the actual third party URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have various scenario and all are ABAP proxy to HTTP_AAE synchronous scenarios, moreover the third party has not yet shared  their details like target URL, port, host name and path etc. I need to post the payload using HTTP post method to third part URL and get the response in synchronous mode. third party web server does not support webservice.

Before testing my scenarios with actual third party and URL of webserver , I want to test with some demo data with some tool which can accept the HTTP request and reply back to PI, to get the satisfaction that my PI configuration is working fine.

Do we have any tool or if someone has developed any tool to test with simple dummy data, please share with me.

Any pointer would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

I think you need to check the following blog that implement the mock web service for testing purpose using SOAP UI that may help you.

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Gagan for your help as usual.

I was in assumption that SOAP UI can only be from sender adapters(HTTP_AAE or SOAP) side. Do you think I can create a mock service and I can use it to send request from HTTP_AAE adapter as well and can get some response in PI ?

Regards,

Farhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep Batra,

Could you please let me know, is it essential to install the SOAPUI on actual physical PI server or I can install on my local desktop as well to test? In my case I do not have the access to the physical PI server, please guide me.

Thanks,

Farhan

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

You can install SOAP UI on your local system. When you are in the same network as SAP PI, you can trigger the SOAP request from PI and get the response.

Please refer the below blog for reference

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Harish for your prompt response.

My desktop and PI server is not in the same network, however I have the ftp details( ftp IP , user-id and password) , moreover when I did the telnet from my machine, I received the successful response code as "220 Microsoft FTP Service", in that case, can I install SOAPUI in my Desktop machine and can I test the above scenarios? I have attached the screenshot

Regards,

Farhan

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

How you access the PI server

from the citrix or directly from the system. If you are accessing directly from the system then you can install soap ui on your machine.

Hope this help.

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I am acceding PI server through remote desktop connection, not through citrix. Can I install SOAPUI on my machine in that case as well. If not what do I need to instruct my network or basis team to accomplish this test.

Thanks a lot for helping me so promptly. you guys are great

Regards,

Farhan

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

In this case you need to install the SOAP UI on that remote desktop or some machine which in the same network (and you can access that machine via remote desktop).

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Harish.

Regards,

Farhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish Mistri,

I have installed the SOAP UI, but need your help on below points.

In my case there is no ready-made WSDL from third party to import in SOUP UI. all request and response structure I have generated in PI.  Could you please let me know how can I generate my request and response structure in SOAP UI in this case to create mock service and to test my end to end scenarios.

I believe, I need to export the structure from PI and import it in SOAP UI, but what exactly to export , I am not sure. Please help me. might be silly things for you guys.

Thanks,

Farhan

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

You are right, you need to export the WSDL from PI. you can export it from sender agreement or service interface.

Please check the below blog

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Harish

Regards,

Farhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

You could use a simple html code to test. There is an example in this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/66dadc6e-0a01-0010-9ea9-bb6d8ca48...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Iñaki Vila for you reply. I have gone through this blog, and as I understand we can send some to message to PI and check it whether its reaching to PI or not. However, in my case I want to sens it to third party from PI. could you please let me know how can I utilize this in my case.

Regards,

Farhan

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

If you read the html code that example construct a URL inside, then you can assign directly reqString the URL that you want, not PI necessary. If you put the html inside PI machine you can execute to validate the connectivity.

Regards.

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Farhan,

I have never tried this.

But my suggestion would be you build another synchronous SOAP scenario which uses the output of the existing inbound message of your existing scenario.

----------Scenario 1-----------------|-----------------Scenario 2---------------------|

R/3                      SAP PI              SAP PI               R/3 or FILE

Proxy <--------->  HTTP_AAE <-----> SOAP <------->PROXY/FILE

so you can use the same SAP PI URL as the receiver for the Scenario 1.

hope this might helps.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys for your prompt response. I will test and will update the thread.

Regards,

Farhan