cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract from quote

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to configure a quote to generate a subsequent Sales Contract rather than a Sales Order? Or is there a way to automatically complete a quote once it has been referenced in a Sales Contract?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor

Hi,

Did you try with transaction VTAA , i guess there could be standard copy control from Quotation to Contract ?

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, using VTAA I have set up  my  contract from quote copy control and that works.  I can create a contract and reference the quote and all information copies over. However the referenced quote does not complete.

What I want is to be able to generate a contract from within the quotations iin a similar way to Create Subsequent Order, I can't find where to configure this. I want to see the quotation complete as the order is created.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeni Jones

In quotation item category maintain A in Completion Rule field. With this system will complete quotation after first reference.

We can create contract or sale order w.r.t quotation. It depends how you configure the syste,.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the completion rule set to A and I still have the same problem.... guidance on config area to determin the subsequent doc would be appreciated.

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just created a quotation with quantity 2. Then I created order w.r.t this quotation and changed quantity to 1 and saved. I checked document flow and quotation was completed. Did you check by creating new quotation and order after maintaining A in completion rule of quotation's item category???

You can view the quantity at item level. I checked it with contract also and it worked with it. What you need to do is just maintain A in quotations item category's field Completion rule and then maintain copy control from order to order in VTAA.

What exactly your scenario is and which configuration you want? Could you explain your requirement?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to copy all header and item values from quote to my contracts. This is my current setting in VTAA

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We have QT standard document type for quotation and CQ for contract. I have tested with these. Item category for quotation is AGN which was with B in completion rule. I changed it to A in my test server (changing standards is not recommended) just for testing purpose and after testing I entered B again.

in VTAA there was no copy control from QT to CQ and I just copied QT to CH and changed CH to CQ and tried. It worked fine. Now you can also follow the same and for future reference whenever you need to test something always take guidance from standard settings

Now I don't know why you have 4 fields for routines and I got 3 but it worked for me. Check below screens for header level and item level.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

Thank you so much, I have been able to set the automated completion now. couldn't have done it with out your help.

Jen

Answers (0)