cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Based and Company Code Reduction - Volumetric and Runtime estimation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Through a proof of concept at a client, we have to implement two scenario thantks to TDMS software.

BPL and also time based and company code reduction.

Before starting our scenario, we would like to know,

How can we estimate the volume of data transferred depending on selecting criteria (for instance, in a time based and company code reduction, with selecting criteria as specific plant)

This volumetric will allow us to anticipate the performance of TDMS, and thus the runtime of our project.

Could you help us and give us elements to calculate the volume data ?

Thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are company codes and plant codes a 1 for 1 in your company? I ask as company codes typically have multiple plant codes.  I have yet to try a company code slice

Other factors to consider:

How far back in time do you plan on capturing to bring into another system?

How transaction heavy is your production system?

Are command & central on the same system?

How much ram do you have in sender/receiver/command/central systems?

How many CPUs and speed of CPUs are in each of the 4 systems?

In my environment I have the following for the command/central:

3.0+ Ghz CPUs x 16 CPUs = 75% usage running 25 to 30 tdms jobs on it during the transfer

12 Gigs of RAM

For the sender/receiver systems I typically only go to a max of 15 depending on how much time I can have a client offline for the transfer piece.

1-2 months of data in my environment (all company codes) is around 24 hours for the entire package to run and I leverage PEM heavily to handle this for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy, thank you for your comment, and sorry for the delay, i had to gather all the informations requested.

Badly, our client is not be able to bring us informations about CPU's and RAM, the system is shared, so the number of CPU and RAM is changing.

For this POC, we would like to selection only one organisational unit plant for a time slice of 4 months.

Command & Central are on the same system (Solution Manager environment)