cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backward error handling in XML Validation in PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does any body using the backword error handling feature of XML validation to send back the ressponse from sender adapter to sender system if validation fails?

Please let me know what all adapters can send the response and how to check/test this feature??

Thanks

Navneet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

AFAIK, backward error handling is only supported in case ur sender adapter is of type sync like SOAP and asynchronously for industry specific adapters.

But, having said so, in case u are using file adapter and enabled XML schema validation at adapter level then ur picked message can be send to some error folder in case validation gets failed.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Message was edited by: Amit Srivastava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navnet,

I agree with Amit, if your read SAP documentation carefully XML Validation - Integration Engine - SAP Library, you can read:

.  Validation in the sender adapter

The adapter sends a synchronous response to the sender of the message, informing it about the structure error. The industry-specific adapters inform the sender asynchronously, as required by the RNIF protocol and the CIDX protocol. 

All sender adapters (including non-SAP adapters) can perform this validation.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit and Vila for your help,

to be specific , i am using IDOC and file adapter at sender side, since there is no sender agreement for IDOC i cant use the backward error handling for this.

But for File, is there any way i can notify the sender that the schema is not correct? As you said the message can be send to some error folder? where can i find this setting to setup the path for this folder?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>to be specific , i am using IDOC

Why u want to do schema validations for idoc messages?

>>But for File, is there any way i can notify the sender that the schema is not correct?

IMO, alert mechanism should suffice and over and above u are also sending files to error folder.

Here u go:

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

i was just trying o reduce Pi support effort for frequently failed messages due to content error.

there are some IDOC messages having wrong content in a field, wanted to check if we can avoid these errors in PI mapping/rec determination step.

Anyways i will go through the link and get back ..

Thanks for your help .

--Navneet