Secondary Cost Element Configuration for Plant Maintenance Order
We want to configure the Secondary cost element properly for PM order.
1) Secondary cost element is created
2) Activity type and rate maintained and link with Secondary cost element
3) Secondary Cost Element is link with Primary cost element Salary ???
4) When they confirm the activity in PM
in Cost Center impact will be during PM order confirmation
Primary cost element Salary Credit and ( Cost Center - 9000080)
Secondary Cost element debit (against PM order - 8000888)
Means Cost is transfer from Cost Center to PM order through secondary cost element.
When PM order is settle than
Secondary Cost element Credit (against PM order - 8000888)
Primary cost element Salary Credit and ( Cost Center - 9000070 - which is link with PM order through functional location)
Is my under standing is ok. if not pls give proper way.
Srinivas Salpala replied
1) Need to create new Secondary Cost element (Like - LABOUR-PM)
In my opinion, no need to create separate secondary CE for PM, because, relevant cost against order can be shown in the report. So, you can use the same Sec CE. Create new one if client asks specifically.
2) New Activity for Labour-PM and Rate fixed through KP26 (Cost Center - Automobile)
Same as above, no need of new Activity. Because, you can get the details of your activity against cost center in the report.
3) Link secondary cost element with primary cost element.
4) is One Primary cost element is link with TWO or More Secondary Cost element???
5) If yes than we will assign GL 401001 Basic Salary to secondary cost element LABOUR-PM
You need to understand the difference between prim and sec CEs. Primary CEs are values flow from FI to CO and Sec CEs are only purely for internal CO purpose. So, dont bother about relationship between these two.
BR, Srinivas Salpala