cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Tracking # and Multiple Shipment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Can you please let me know the best practice approach for creating EH in SAP EM  system for below scenario.

Scenario  :

Multiple deliveries [eg.Four different Outbound deliveries] are dispatched with one tracking number to the customer , by triggering the event from ECC to EM space in what level EH can be created in a best way? a) Is it based on tracking number or else b) based on each delivery number .

and also , Please give explanation in detail why option a) or b) is not feasible to create the EH in EM.?

Thanks for help.

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

In your situation it sounds like you might be better off consolidating the deliveries that have the same carrier tracking number onto a single shipment document in ECC. This would allow you to create one single shipment document EH, identify the delivery numbers as control parameters on it (if needed), and post all your carrier events directly to this single shipment EH against the single carrier tracking number/ID.

If you still need visibility to all the delivery events as well as all the shipment events you might explore the event handler set functionality.  For example, it can allow for delivery event handlers and shipment document event handlers to be joined via an Event Handler Set.  This is especially helpful when a delivery ends up being contained on multiple shipment documents due to multiple legs (i.e. preliminary leg, main leg, subsequent leg).  For more information on EH Sets you can go here: Event Handler Set - SAP Event Management Infrastructure - SAP Library

Regards,

Jonathan Hansen

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

creating a shipment with the four deliveries would be another good option. Check the LTL_DELIV scenario in the system. This is doing something similar.

EH Sets are more for combining different objects e.g. a PO and SO to have an integrated view on the process. For combining the same documents they are not a good approach. Technically it would work but the display would be a litlle bit strange.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

you can have more than one tracking ID for an EH. So from your explanation you could just create 4 EH. All EH will have an EM Tracking ID Delivery Number that would be unique in your scenario and a Tracking ID for your Tracking number that are the same for all EH.

Later if you want to process Events for all the four EH you use the Tracking number -> Event gets processed for all four EH.

If you want to process an event for a single EH you use the Delivery ID that is unique.

As summary you can have both options a and b together and must only decide for event message processing what you want to achieve.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen.

I could understand on above comments, looks your approach for option (b) for creating EH in EM based on delivery number.

Can you pl  let me know why we can't create one single EH based on tracking number in EM, from my case one tracking : one EH in EM instead of creating four EH's/ four delivery.

Do you think any other approach and comments on the above.

Thanks for your inputs.

Siva.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

technically it would be possible. But difficult as the integration is based on the business object and this would be the delivery in your case. You would not have a single point where you could get your four deliveries to create one EH from it. You could create your own integration to EM skipping the standard one. But how would you make sure that you get all the four deliveries at one point in time? Are they created everytime together e.g. in a batch run? In this case it could work.

Best regards,

Steffen