cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup by Tracking Number Only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am very new to SAP...so this question may seem silly, but I need to know (step by step) how to look up a shipment, to see the origin/destination, weight, carrier service level, etc. if all I have is the tracking number.  Is this possible?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi B

Yes it is possible, it all depends what you are using to store the tracking number.

I assume your tracking number means carrier tracking number, like UPS, Fedex, or USPS tracking number. if that is the case

I know that "connectship" could fetch carrier tracking number as store it in delivery note or shipment note. there might also be third party tools that fulfills this functionality. If your client is using any of these third party tools, talk to these folks supporting the tool in your team about how to fetch the shipment number or delivery note number, then from there you can obtain all data you need.

Nobody knows everything so there is no silly question, only silly answer this might be one.

Good luck. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shichang Ma,

Thank you so much for your response!  You are correct, I was referring to UPS, FedEx, etc. regarding tracking number.  I found a t code (VRTRK) that may help me.  I just have to recreate some test shipments in the and try it out in the same environment.  I was trying to use tracking numbers created from a different test environment, so I think that was my problem.  Thank you again...and no, def not a silly answer!!!!   It is much appreciated!

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

good to hear, and welcome to the forum.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the first thing you need to do is to read this document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18590

then you need to work a bit (sorry mate, we can't do your job):

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize if it appeared as though I was wanting someone to "do my job", that is far from what I was trying to do.  I was simply wanting to know if something was possible and if so, the steps to do it (where to go, what t code, etc).  Thanks anyway.