cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work Manager always replaces work orders after synch

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am running an SAP Work Manager 5.3 iOS application with SAP ERP and everytime when I synchronize, all work orders are replaced on the mobile device and the actual status of the work orders is not represented anymore.

Example 1:

- downloading new work orders by synchronizing

- starting a work order by pressing the "start" button

- synchronizing

- in the backend the correct custom user status (order accepted) is shown but on the mobile device the order appears as "received"

Example 2:

- downloading new work orders by synchronizing

- starting a work order by pressing the "start" button

- finishing several operations within the work order

- synchronizing

- in the backend the correct custom user status (order accepted) is shown and all operations have the correct status (finished) but on the mobile device the order appears as "received" and all operations appear to be "not finished"

Does anyone have an idea why the orders are always replaced and do not have the correct status from the backend?

Thanks,

Marcus

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcus,

What client platform are you using?  Does this happen on multiple platforms?  It seems like something is mis-configured having to do with your backend exchange settings in the configuration panel.  This is not my realm of expertise, but that is where I would check.  You could also debug the java fetch code to see what parameters are being passed to the BAPIs that handle the exchange.

Open a ticket at: service.sap.com/support if you need further help with exchange.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Look at Mobile status mapping in syclo config panel  /syclo/configpanel -> Mobile Applicaiton configuration ->Mobile status mapping.  That's were you map Mobile status like received at work order level to SAP system and user status.     Similar Mobile status mapping status exists for operation by default it is not mapped to any system or user status. if you want new mobile status then you have to ehance mobile apps to suit your requirement.

Thanks

Manju -  SAP RIG Mobility

0 Kudos

The WO or OP status update needs to be called from Agentry->Java, see below.  However, in this case of the out of box WM 5.3 product, that status update is not called specifically, you may need to customize it.

0 Kudos

Hi Manju, thanks for the feedback. The mobile status mapping only determines the status that is set in the backend according to actions on the mobile client. My problem is, that these status values are not kept on the mobile device after synch. They appear in the backend correctly but disappear on the mobile. Cheers, Marcus

0 Kudos

Hi Resmi, I have the same customizing settings like you've shown:

kell_vagtholm1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus.

I have similar problem.

When I change my order with notes and add notes or changes to a operation, my changes are reflected in back-end but my mobile ends up with a clean order that no longer look like back-end.

Have you found a solution for this?

I can't figure out why my iPad keeps replacing my order but makes the changes in the back-end. There must be some kind of config that I don't know of.

Regards,

Kell Vagtholm

0 Kudos

Hi Kell,

unfortunately I did not find a solution so far. As I am running the Work Manager 5.3 on a sandbox, I am currently thinking about rather to setup a new sandbox with Work Manager 6.0 first and then trying to solve the synch issue.

Cheers,

Marcus

kell_vagtholm1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks - I hope it will work for you.

I will not be able to use 6.0 since the customer chose 5.3 for now.

There must be a SAP Syclo expert out there who can help us or at least tell us how to fix this.

Best regards,

Kell Vagtholm

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only time Work Manager application replaces Work order on the client is when there is a change to  an Work Order in the backend.  Exchange flags all the work orders that have changed in SAP that have changed after ur last transmit.  Work Manager application determines changed work orders based on the time  transmit of the device. 

Here are the some of the things you have to check :-

1) Make sure post installation are completing like settings up of   number ranges for Work Manager application.

2) Turn on logs to check what  date/time is  passed to  the SAP backend during  the trasmit.

3) Check Time zone settings in Agentry.ini file.  is ur device time zone and SAP time zone are same ?

4) Before transmit verify that exchanges table  for work orders are flagged as changed in exchange table. Also check if Work order exchange is linked to Equipment , functional location or notifications which means anytime there is change to Equipment , functional location or notification, Work Order is replaced on the client.

The only way to analysis your issue is through  logging and troublshooting.

Thanks

Manju.

kell_vagtholm1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manju

Thanks for taking time to respond to this.

Ofcourse we already know that a change in backend should result in a replace of an order on the device.

But in my case I knew for sure that my order were not changed in back-end - I was the only one working on the order on my device. I had seen it before (the replace of order on device) so I decided to make a test where I knew that the only change made was on my device and no-where else.

I already checked the 1) and 3) yesterday.

I will do my test again while logging as much as possible and see if I can get a clue as to where the problem is.

Regards,

Kell Vagtholm

0 Kudos

Hi Kell,

For Work Order getting replaced, please check the user timezone setting
in SAP. Also check if the times on the agentry server, agentry client and SAP
are in sync.

Thanks

Resmi