Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Vertical screen size issue on RF Device after Upgrade

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Spoiler Alert: Oft-repeated Question

As per my search here, this is one of the most oft-repeated questions but still I cant find a suitable solution to this issue.

Im not much into ITS, HTML and the lot. Most of the stuff I did so far is from all the reading of SCN threads and SAP documentation.

We have migrated our LM01 ITS application from 4.7 to ECC 6 EhP6. Everything works OK except that the screen sizes are a bit off in the RF device. I find that the RF screen does not fit-in "vertically". And to make matters worse there is no scroll-bar displayed either. So effectively, some of the display text is getting "truncated".

I will post a pic of the screen tomorrow.

Some of the things we did so far to resolve the issue are:

- Set the screen format to 16X20ITS

- Set the ~DYNPRO_COMPRESSION to 1 to remove the empty spaces between the buttons

- Set ~ITSMOBILENOCUAINCLUDE to 1 to remove the RF Menu title and SAP Logo, to get more display space in the RF screen.

- Created a custom stylesheet zmobile.css. Although i tried to play around with this by changing some values, nothing seems to be changing. What exactly needs to be changed here?

- Played around with ~ITSMOBILEELEMFACTOR and ~ITSMOBILEELEMUNITS parameters but that only seems to be changing the width and not the height.

- Added this line in the HTML code of RLMENU 2888 ==> <meta name="viewport" content="width=320, user-scalable=no">

- Note 1316326 - ITSmobile: HTML element size is independent of font size is not very helpful since it talks only about setting parameters ~ITSMOBILEELEMFACTOR and ~ITSMOBILEELEMUNITS, which I've already done. Or is there more to that note than what Im interpreting.

I'm running out of ideas. Can somebody please help?

Here are the essential system info:

R/3 Version Info:

ECC6.0 EhP6.

SAP_BASIS - 731 - 08 - SAPKB73108

SAP_APPL - 606 - 08 - SAPKH60608

Kernal Info:

Kernel release    720

Compilation       Linux GNU SLES-11

Sup.Pkg lvl.      500

ABAP Load         1780

RF-Devices used:

- Symbol MC9090 (OS - Windows CE 5.0, S/W - Naurtech NAU-1504 Ver 5.1.) According to the client the Browser is Naurtech NAU-1504 Ver 5.1. Is that really a browser? How can I find out which browser we are using?

- Bartec MC9060EX (Windows Mobile 2003, Naurtech NAU-1504 Ver 5.1)

- Symbol VC5090 (OS - Windows CE 5.0, S/W - Naurtech NAU-1504 Ver 5.1.)

- and others

Templates are generated using style Mobile Devices (No HTML Tables)

Service Parameters used:

~THEME99
~TRANSACTIONLM01
~ITSMOBILE1
~SOURCESZSUSTAINRF
~POPUPS1
~ITSMOBILEELEMFACTOR12
~ITSMOBILEELEMUNITSpx
~ITSMOBILECSSINCLUDEzmobile
~ITSMOBILENOCUAINCLUDE1
~DYNPRO_COMPRESSION1

Regards,

pk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Resolved the issue by going to each of the HTML templates and removing the blank lines between buttons to fit everything into the screen.

Very crude way of doing... but you gotta do what you gotta do when even the suggestions from SAP doesn't help you in this regard.

pk

Private_Member_46505
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

You tried your best way may be all possible ways .End of the day as a developer we need to deliver and you did it in one or the other way.

Congooo....

with regards,

ESKAYS

Answers (0)