Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating info object catalog

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Am new in APO.. I was trying to create info object catalog.. once i created the info are, then right clicked in info area and selected info object catalog, then below window is opened, wht is the next, now can i bring customer details and product names in this group..pls help,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SatishWaghmare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijesh

Yes, I understand you have created an Infoarea and Infoobject Catalog with InfoObject Type as 'Characteristics'.

The next logical step is to create necessary InfoObjects(like Material, Customer, Plant, Customer Group, Sales Organization).  Right click on your InfoObject Catalog to create the InfoObjects.

Once Infoobject are created manually, you can maintain data manually or by creating dataload process.

To enter data manually, you can right click on the Infoobject and select 'Maintain master data' option, Click on 'Execute' and then click on 'Create'. Then enter required records into infoobject and save. Then select "Activate master data" by right clicking on the infoobject.

To create a dataload process, You need to create following in the same order -

1. Create Source System (SAP or Non-SAP or File)

2. Create Data Source (with Data Type as Master Data)

3. Create Infopackage (Update only till PSA)

4. Create Data Transformation (Mapping between DataSource fields with Data target(infoobject) fields)

5. Create Data transfer Process (DTP) (With Data Target as your Infoobject)

Once above objects are successfully created/activated,  then you can execute the infopackage and followed by DTP load the data into these InfoObjects.

Here is a link to SAP Help

SAP Library - Business Intelligence

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijesh,

below standard SAP process will help to configure administrator workbench

RSA1 - Administrator Workbench

1. Create Source System: in Source system, you can create the SAP or Non-SAP source system. you can use File system for testing purpose & enter Logical System Name - **; Source System Name- ** Type and Release - EXCEL

2. Create Info Area: in Info Provider, you need to create Info Area

3. Create Application Component: in Info Source, create application component

4. Info Cube: in Info Provider, create Info Cube

5. Info Object Catalog: in Info Provider, under Infocube create the Info Object Catalog separate for Characteristics & Key Figure

6. Characteristics: in Info Object, Create Characteristics with choice of BW application as BW type, Data Type- CHAR & Output length - 8 (as per your char length U can change), Save & Activate

7. Key Figure: in Info Object, create Key Figure with choice of BW application as APO Type, Data type as Quantity with standard unit as 0UNIT, Save & Activate

8. Assignment to Infocube: in Info Provider, you need to assign Time as Calender Year/month (mmyyyy format), all created char, APO Planning Version  - 9AVERSION & Under Key Figure, assign History Key Figures & then save & activate Info Cube.

9. Data Source: in Data Source, Under Application Component create Data Source, Maintain all description, In Extraction tab page file name - your excel file as csv format, ingnore header row -1 , data format - separated with separator (For example,CSV), Proposal Tab Page - Load example data save

10. Info Package- in Data Source, under Data Source Create Info Package

11. Transformation: in Info Provider, create Transformation under Info Cube, Here you need to assign Target as InfoCube & Source as Data Source, You need to assign info object, you can use constant rule for planning version here. Save & Activate

12. Once you done, Now you can start Loading the Data from Info Package - Under schedule select Start Data Load Immediately & click on Start.

13. In data is loaded to Data Souce, you can now create Data Transfer Process: in Info Provider create Data Transfer Process, Save & activate & Execute.

By This way the data is available in Info Cube now.  You can check the Data under LISTCUBE

After Completing this admin workbench part, you need to create Planning Area, MPOS, Planning Book & Data Views, Forecast Profiles, etc.

Thanks

Kapil

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks dear for the helpful answer..

i could create the info object catalog  but when am trying to activate the same system is showing a widow to enter package..may i know what is it? and what should i select here?

Thanks for the help,

Regards,

Vijesh

SatishWaghmare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijesh

Yes, you can create the package if you plan to group all the objects into a package for transport purpose.  Or for now you can click on "Local Object" to do all the development work. Once all the development is done, you create package using T.code SE80 and then using RSA1-> Transport Connection option to create the required transport.

FYI - For any of such questions, you can do quick search(on google or in SCN) to find answers, it will help you save time as well.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare