cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel Configuration is not updated in SFTP Adapter Scenario SAP PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We have SAP PI 7.31 with dual stack implementation. We have also installed PI SFTP PGP add on.

Now we are working on simple File Transfer scenario where we are picking file from ECC and sending it to SFTP server. My initial configuration worked fine and transferred file to SFTP server to a specific file folder.

Now when I updated CC configuration to use different file directory, I see a strange behavior. Even though I have updated file directory in CC configuration, when I see message in CC monitoring, it is still utilizing old directory path and trying to write file to it. I have tried to delete and recreate CC but no luck. I have also tried to clear cache in Admin (ID-IB) but it is still behaving the same way.

Also I need to understand concept of home directory in SFTP. Can someone explain process of writing file to SFTP server apart from home directory? What is the syntax for it?

Following are screen shot of current configuration and how CC is still picking old directory path:-

Your kind response will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Satyen Ameria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you try giving the path as ~/PGP_Key/

AFAIK - home directory is nothing but the default path assigned to that user when you logon to that server.

This parameter defines the directory in the server from where the adapter writes the files. The prefix “~/” along with equals/home/username represents home directory of the configured user mentioned in the Username field.

Source : https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwposc/helpdata/en/c5/56eb8e7ec04435a0d54d96a18231e5/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish,

I created new CC with path provided by you and I was able to send file to new directory. Thanks for your quick response.

But what I also did this time is deleted old CC and recreated new one with different name. So my question regarding directory path is not getting updated during run time is still open. Is there any other way apart from recreating CC with different name to update directory path in SFTP scenario?

Satyen...

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to recreate. It should update. As you were not using ~/ earlier, it might not be reflecting.

You can validate by creating new directory and changing the channel configuration accrodingly.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have verified it then may be you can close this thread

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try restarting your SFTP adapter application in NWA.

NWA -> Operations -> Start & Stop -> Java Applications

Apparently any updates to your SFTP channel will get reflected at the runtime only after the adapter java application is restarted. This issue has been fixed now with the latest SAP patches.

Refer the SAP Note 1692819 for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't believe the initial issue of the runtime not being updated has been resolved.  Satyen resolved this by recreating the CC, which should not be necessary.  It should also not be necessary to use the ~/ convention.  In my case, it is the Archiving path that is not getting updated, and ~/ would not work here since it goes to the local file share.

Additionally, this is in my QA box, so recreating the CC would require changing Dev and transporting, which I do not want to do.

I've tried refreshing the cache as did Satyen, but that doesn't seem to help.  Is there any other way to get the runtime to pick up the change?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya - Also You can refer to the below document and follow the screenshots, you'll understand the concept of file path and home directory

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...