cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel management participants shows job name instead of position from HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, in our employee expense we have expense types like Business Meals.   These expense types require participants.

If the participant is an employee (internal), I enter the employee ID and it populates the information such as Name and Job Title.

HCM says the job title is (now) reporting Job Name instead of Position Name from HCM.  The Job Name contains employee confidential information where the Position Name is a simple position.

When I check older expense reports I see they are all the same - Job Name. 

Question:

1. Would the expense report show the new/current field rather than legacy data?  I trying to determine if it actually changed?
  2. Where is it determined what field/value to pick up?  Can I configure (and where would I) which value is used?

I'm not fully convinced it has changed but I know fields like company code name WILL display the new value after it is changed.

That I'm aware of, we have not made any changes to travel management so I'm not sure where/how I would set this back to using the Position Name instead of Job Name.

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Regards,

Cheryl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

from my understanding the search and result list from participants comes from HCM module.

So all fields comes from PAxxxx tables. And the search result is a search from HCM.

Hope that helps because I have no time today to look up how to change the set up here 😉

Cheers,

Sigi

0 Kudos

Yep, think your right on that Sigi, I know the search is based on PREM* for the most part so in PA-PA-XX side but I cannot envision why it would suddenly show the job name (you mean title right?).

Is this in the ESS scenario as when I check this here in our internal system, it wasnt actually being filled, so I wonder if you had a BAdi implementation on HRPAD00_PREM or user exit for PTRV_F4_TRIP_SH_EXIT?

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct.   Our HCM guy had a look and found a user exit.   Many thanks for the guidance!

Answers (0)