cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in the self monitoring of DBAcockpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i installed and configured Solution manager 7.1 SP10 on Sybase 15.7 which i updated to the last release SP110. th e OS is windows server 2008.

I already implemented the last version of the note 1558958 and 1946750.

When i launch the DBACockpit, a message is displayed for few seconds  "SID   Repair data collection" then it disappears.

In the performance dashboard no errors are displayed:

but in the Diagnostics --> self monitoring :

all the data collectors are duplicated, the first set is in error status and the second is in a green status:

Even in the "managed system configuartion " setep 8 i got the error for the "Database extractor Setup":

Even after i repair all the data collectors i the repair tpool i gor the same errors.

Thank you for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bakintos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to drop all collectors and then to set active again. This helped me to solve a similar issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan/Hassan/Ricardo,

I have same errors during database extractor setup. My solution manager is on 7.1 SP14 with sybase 16.02 and my managed system is on EHP7 with sybase 16.02.

I already applied below notes on Solution Manager,

1946165, 875986, 1291055, 1558958,2059750, 1605169 and 1946164

also applied below notes on managed system

1668882, 1882376 and 2043277

but still unable to fix the error. attached are the error screenshots. Also, everything is in green at Managed system's DBA Cockpit repair tool - screen attached.

can you please help me to fix this error?

Regards,

Anil

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

This thread is from more than 2 years ago, could you please open a new discussion for your issue?

That will allow your thread to be more readable

Thank you!

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

yes i opened another thread in Solution manager, as my issue is identical to this thread also posted here.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

When i had the errors i opened a ticket to SAP Support.

the answer of the sap support was " Fix the errors in the logs or ensure that those are fixed

Do you have errors in the Sysbase log? Did you implement the note 1848054?

and prune the log."

Regards,

Hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Thank you. Note 1848054 is not relevant to our systems as per snote. most of the errors fixed now, except attached 2 errors.

For error1 SAP Note 2280377 - SAP ASE Error SQL2714 in DBH_STG_SYSWAITS table - DBACockpit is applicable. But i cant use this note as in my system table DBH_STG_SYSWAITS owner is DBO only not SAPSR3.

For error2 - So far i don't find any supported note.

ERROR1 details are:

SID Error in RDI back-end setup occured! Details

Message Details 

Exception CX_DBA_DBH_SETUP in class CL_SYB_DBH_COLLECTOR method IF_DBA_DBH_COLLECTOR~INSTALL line 60

Kernel Error ID: 

WP ID: 7 

WP PID: 3964

Application Server: HOSTNAME

SYSID: 

SY-SUBRC: 0 

SY-TABIX: 0 

Database: 

caused by

Exception CX_DBA_RDI_SETUP in class CL_SYB_RDI_DBO_TABLE method IF_DBA_RDI_DBO~CREATE line 103

Kernel Error ID: 

SYSID: 

Message:                       Unable to create table 'saptools..DBH_STG_SYSWAITS'!

Database: 

caused by

Exception CX_DBA_ADBC in program SAPMHTTP  line 0 

Kernel Error ID: 

SYSID: BRT

SQL statement: CREATE TABLE saptools..DBH_STG_SYSWAITS ( "COLLECT_MODE" CHARACTER(1), "InstanceID" TINYINT DEFAULT 0, "SNAPSHOT_TIMESTAMP" BIGDATETIME DEFAULT current_bigdatetime(), "SOURCE_HOSTNAME" VARCHAR(60) DEFAULT '', "TIME_PERIOD" INTEGER, "WaitClassID" SMALLINT, "WaitEventID" SMALLINT DEFAULT 0, "WaitTime" BIGINT, "Waits" BIGINT) LOCK DATAROWS WITH COMPRESSION = PAGE

Database: +++SYBADM

caused by

Exception CX_SQL_EXCEPTION in class CL_SYB_RDI_QUERY 

Kernel Error ID: 

DB Error: Yes

SQL Code: 2714 

SQL Message: [ASE Error SQL2714][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]There is already an object named 'DBH_STG_SYSWAITS' in the database.

ERROR2 details are:

Exception CX_DBA_RDI in class CL_DBA_RDI_QUERY method IF_DBA_RDI_QUERY~COLLECT line 206

Kernel Error ID: 

WP ID: 9 

WP PID: 4736

SYSID: 

Database: 

caused by

Exception CX_DBA_DBH_SETUP in class CL_SYB_DBH_COLLECTOR method IF_DBA_DBH_COLLECTOR~COLLECT line 45

Kernel Error ID: 

SYSID: 

Message:                       Unable to call procedure 'saptools..SP_DBH_DEVICES'!

Database: 

caused by

Exception CX_DBA_ADBC in program SAPMHTTP  line 0 

Kernel Error ID: 

SYSID: BRT

SQL statement: saptools..SP_DBH_DEVICES

Database: +++SYBADM

caused by

Exception CX_SQL_EXCEPTION in class CL_SQL_STATEMENT 

Kernel Error ID: 

DB Error: Yes

SQL Code: 207 

SQL Message: [ASE Error SQL207][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Invalid column name 'COND_TIME'.

[ASE Error SQL207][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Invalid column name 'COND_ROWS'.

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem and SAP note 2280377 didn't helped me, because the table/view was already owned by dbo.

To solve the problem, I dropped that view, deleted the collector (it should be grey) and installed it again. The view was created again, the status switched to green and I just had to enter the interval of 1h for the collector.

Connect to isql

sp_tables

go

<it should show that view/table, or..>

sp_tables "dbo.DBH_STG_SYSWAITS"

go

drop view DBH_STG_SYSWAITS

go

<view/table should now dropped, check with sp_tables>

Via dbacockpit install the collector again, that's it.

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

this morning we were notified of a new correction collection for Solution Manager on SAP ASE.

The advice was to recommend customer to implement this where:

1. he is running SolMan on ASE
  2. is using SolMan on anyDB to monitor ASE

The corrections do not seem to specifically apply to your issue but the advice stands.

I hope this is useful,

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Do you know the note number of the new correction collection?

The only note i found is the 1558958 which i have already implemented and i am updating it everyday hoping that there will be some corrections of the bunch of problems i am facing with Sybase ASE.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ooops!

Sorry about that - I should not make that mistake!

The SAP Note is:

1946165    SYB: Solution Manager Technical Monitoring Patch Collection

All the best,

- jon

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi.

I was going to announce the new patch collection Notes in the next days here but it's really great to see that the news is spreading at this speed!

For running SolMan on ASE I would recommend the following patch collection Notes:

- 1946164  SYB: DDIC patch collection for release 7.02

- 1946165  SYB: Solution Manager Technical Monitoring Patch Collection

- 1605169  SYB: SAP BW 7.02 Correction Collection

- 1558958  SYB: DBA Cockpit Correction Collection SAP Basis 7.02 / 7.30

The BW Note will try to import one Note that's currently not released but I checked with the colleague and this should be solved soon (tomorrow or beginning of next week)

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

After implementation of the note 1946165  i got less dumps in the ST22 referig to the user SM_EFWK buti stil have the same errors regerding the Data collection even after the reimplementation of the latest version of the note 1558958  and 1605169  released today by SAP.

I think that Sybase will need serveral correction collection before being user friendly.

Best regards,

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan.

I would ask you to open a customer message for this issue. Something seems to be very strange with your SolMan. I just rechecked with my own Solution Manager and there the DCF checks are allright.

Best regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jan,

Just a small question regarding the support:

If i open an OSS messgae to the SAP support do we have to pay extra money for it?

I am asking the question because the SAP system is a development system and my responsible will not accept ot pay extra money for the support on it.

thanks,

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi.

To be honest, I usually don't care for licensing details and stuff like that. So I cannot give you a final answer. But from all I know you usually pay some amount of money each year for support and as long as you pay this for your systems you will get support for all your issues.

For development systems you usually cannot open priority 1 messages as this is reserved for really critical issues on production systems. But you will get support for dev systems too.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan, I'm getting the "Database extractor Setup" errors at solman_setup but I don't run any of my systems on ASE, but SNOTE says I can apply the 1946750 and 1558958 notes on my Solution Manager and 1946750 only on all my managed systems. I don't think I have to apply any of these two notes but I would like to get the best recomendation. What do you think?

Regards

Ricardo Ballesteros