cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate Question - SFTP Seeburger Channel in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Gurus/ Friends ,

I am working on SFTP to SFTP file transfer via PI 7.11 AAE.

My Scenario

I have 3 Buisness systems Connected to PI.

Let us that take 3 Interface from from Buisness system A , 2 Interface from Buisness system Band 4 Interface for Buisness system C.

1. Its a Key Based Authentication , Private and Public key Concept with Certificate exchange.

Now my question is :-

Since this is the first time Buisness systems will be connected to PI system.

Do i need to generate the Certificates everytime for each Interface.

Now main question is Does Private Key in SFTP channel setting will be different for Individual Interfaces ( of a Particular Buisness system - for ex all three interface of buisness system A will have have their own private key .) Or it is only the One time Settings. Please help i am new to SAP PI.

P.S Folder from where the file willbe picked is different for all 4 Interfaces.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

The Key pair is based on system. so for system A you need to have public key from the system and use that in all interfaces related to that system.

In your case

1. PI has his own pair of public and private key, public key is shared with the B2B partners
  2. Each partner (A, B and C) will have there own set of public and private key and they share there public key with PI

When PI send the message it encrypt the message with public key of receiver and sign the message with own private key. When receiver receive the message first it authenticate the message (who is sender) then decrypt using own private key.

check the below blog for detail

Hope this help.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh &  Harish,

Thanks for your reply so this means that only one time the Certificates need to be exchanged between PI system and System , not every time when a new Interface is being built connecting two system. Please correct me if i am wrong.

if suppose i have 4 channels connecting to System A ( Different folders ), what will be the Private key will it be same in all the channels. since you have mentioned that only one time the private -public key pair is generated.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. your are right.

and it would be the same as long as you are connecting the same system

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

do you have the Adapter-Documentation available for the SFTP-Adapter ?  It should also provide some good help for your questions.

Additionally, I have also provided a sFTP-Troubleshooting Guide in SCN

Maybe this helps as well...

Kind Regards

Stefan

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit - AFAIK - Yes. It is host specific and you might need interface specific key as the locations are different.