Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DP Master Data for CVC

Hello Experts,

We are implementing APO DP from begenning and i would like to know that how does the Master Data CVC gets created in APO, and does the master data history has to come from ECC via CIF or do i have to create a CVC combinations based on the sales history that comes from ECC to APO BW cube, i am little confused on how CVC gets generated. I already have all the Characteristics created in APO BW all i need to know how will i generate the master data CVC when setting up the system for first time.

Thanks,

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Ganesh

As per scenario you have explained, you will need Sales History data in your APO BW Infocube.  Once Sales History data is available in APO-BW, then you can create CVCs based on it. These CVCs will be created in Master Planning Object Structure(MPOS) to use in APO-Demand Planning.

To create CVCs,  please use transaction /SAPAPO/MC62, Specify Target MPOS name and Use Option "Generate Immediately", Select Load data from InfoProvider and Specify Infocube Name, Date Range etc.

Just to reconfirm, You do NOT need to transfer data using CIF for creating CVCs.

I suggest, Please refer below SAP Help link and also try to see if you have any experienced DP consultant who can assist you with this implementation project.

Demand Planning - SAP Library

Hope this answers.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question