cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-done and Log NC complete behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I've noticed that when using Add-Done -button on NC_Client or when using Log NC complete message there will be no COMPLETE activity on activity log. This is somehow misleading because normally you need to have always START & COMPLETE for each and every routing step. Is there a particular reason for  COMPLETE not existing in activity log?

Br,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

This is a basic concept of SFC processing:

- moving and SFC from in work at the current to another operation can be done in different ways;

- if the movement finishes with Complete action or non-confirmance action (Scrap, disposition to NC routing), then it is taken as the original step has been finished;

- if the movemet finishes with another action, it implies that the SFC has been signed off and then moved to the new step, and the original step is not finished;

- the count of pairs "Start-Compete" versus the count of pairs "Start-NC" are used for Operation Yield reports which are basic KPIs for production.

Thus it is expected that if an SFC gets moved from the step with NC action, then there should be no Compete action to ensure that Yield reports are calculated correctly.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For yield calculations we have used these qty completed 1st pass etc. This works well.

This case is more about some specific report where we need to state step by step that every routing step has been completed in routing. The report is looking ODS production log and e.g. these steps where operator is logging the failures and closing those at the same time will not get Complete. And then the report shows step not completed.

That is not a big problem now when we know how this works. It is just important to understand how the processing goes. We just have to change the report slightly.

Br,

Pete

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petri,

I have tested the scenario, you will not get the "COMPLETE" status in activity log as it is not completed through the normal COMPLETE process, it is completed through NC Add-Done. But If you go to SFC Report and search report for that SFC then you will get COMPLETE status for that operation. If you want to get it also in activity log then in NC log click only Add button and then complete it through the POD COMPLETE button.

Thanks

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

I know this very well. And I have now disabled Add-Done button from NC Client.

However we need to use NC Log Complete in our testing equipment interfacing and the behaviour is exactly the same. The question was that is there some reason why there is no COMPLETE after these? This causes some problems when creating the report with Business Objects because there is START for every operation but not COMPLETE. We have some reports that where we need to check that every routing step is completed and of course obvious way is to check the Completes. But in these cases there is no Complete.

Br,

Pete

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petri,

I want to explain here one thing. If you click the NC Add-Done button then operation is completed and that is not coming in activity list at the same time you will not get any yield confirmation message in MEINT message queue also if that particular operation is an ECC routing step.

When you are logging NC then it is expected that there is some defect and defect will be fixed in other repair operation. So here SFC will move to repair operation without completing the original operation and after fixing the defect from repair operation it will come back in original operation and then you can complete it through "COMPLETE" button and yield message will also flow to ECC which is correct. I think that is the reason it is not showing in Activity list.

Thanks

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes there logic there. However this problems happens in first the testing equipment that has interface made with webservices and the on the repair operation where the user manually enters the defects and repair actions. So the complete is missing from test and repair operations.

And then we have combined check&repair where operator finds the failures and same time log NCs and repairs those. Using Add-Done or separate add and Done leaves Complete missing. So from these operations we never get complete if any failures are found and POD is used.

Good to know this. I have not noticed this before even though we have been using ME couple of years. Now we are creating a lot of reports based on ME data and this came out. We have to find another way of checking if all routing steps are completed instead of cecking just the Completes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Petri

Our core yield reports actually use the production_log table. For your issue, this may be better because this table holds the qty_started, qty_completed, qty_non_conformed and qty_scrapped values in separate columns, without the need to refer to the activity_log table.

This table also replicated to the ODS schema, so you don't need to query WIP, but it is subject to data deletion in WIP by the ODSWIPAging job. Also, be aware that the record in this table is not created until the SFC leaves the step (by scrapping or non conforming) so an active SFC is not to be found here.