cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC upgrade and PI interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading our SAP ECC system from EHP 603 to 606.  We have interfaces form our ECC to the thrid parties ( bank, logistic companies) through PI 7.1.   During the go live of the upgrade,  ECC will be shut down for 2 days.  I am trying to find out what we need to do on the PI side to easily manage the interfaces. 

We are already planning to contact the thrid parties so they can stop sending us the files for those 2 days .

Do I need to also stop all the communication channels in PI?  If so, instead of going into each channel, can I do it at the central place and start it back after the upgrade.  Also, please let us know if there is anything else we need to take care before and after ECC shutdown.

thanks

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add you don't need to select each and every channel individually.

You can make use of filters available in channelmonitoring page .. (http://host:port/mdt/channelmonitorservlet)

just select your ECC system->select all &stop

If your requirement is to stop the messages flow for all the interfaces then you can also set the below parameter so that proxy messages wont get processed.

Lock the Integration Server for incoming messages by calling the transaction Integration Engine – Administration (SXMB_ADM) and choosing Integration Engine Configuration Specific Configuration Change New Entries. Select the category RUNTIME and then the parameter ENTRY LOCK: Set the current value to 1 (LOCKED) and choose Save

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition, check the note 1942289 Known issues with PI and ECC EHP upgrades (I assume ECC EHP6 is based on NetWeaver 7.31?). This documents known issues with an upgrade of this nature.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh.  If I have a few communication channels with automatic control , will the mass start / stop automatically take care of the availability time planning? 

thanks

Sri

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhya - If they are scheduled to stop for that period then they stop automatically.

Incase you want them to stop out of their schedule , then you should stop them manually.

However make sure that you enable the "automatic control" when you start the channels again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

One more question on your previous reply,

Do I need to do both - stop the communciation channels and also Lock the Integration Server ?

I have already planned to stop the communication channels as this will avoid some FTP to our ECC systems.  ( our system will be down during upgrade).

Sri

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

If you Proxy/IDOC/HTTP interfaces in your landscape then it is advice to lock teh integration server. To avoid the message flow for this interfaces.

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri - If you are shutting down your ECC system only then do not lock the PI integration server.

It'll lock down all the communication.

You just need to stop the channels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>We are already planning to contact the thrid parties so they can stop sending us the files for those 2 days .

That's the best way and from CC monitoring u can stop all ur sender channels.

BTW, u can allow ur third party sender system (in case they request for that) to send async (EO) messages to PI and then let PI can take the onus to resend messages once the ECC is up after upgrade. But in case if the QOS of messages is EOIO then u may face issues.

Certainly, in case sysnc messages ur sender system has to send it again.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava