cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager 7.1 for Non-SAP ASE DB monitoring

0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are trying to setup solution manager 7.1 on windows for SAP Sybase ASE monitoring and alerting. We have successfully installed,configured and setup technical monitoring for Solution manager system as well as remote NW system running on SAP Sybase ASE. But while setting up NON SAP Sybase ASE database as a Managed object , we are facing issue. We have installed a DA and Host agent on the remote machine which is Windows server having ASE running as a standalone db instance on it. We have already performed the outside discovery. We could see the hostname under "Managed system configuration --> Host" and also we can see the DA is connected. Even we have setup Host monitoring. But when we try to configure the DB using "Managed System Configuration -->Database" , we can't see the DB name to select for configuration. Even checked in LMDB for "Database Systems" and can't see the name there too. Does anybody have any experience in  setting up non-SAP ASE for monitoring using SAP Solution manager ? Any idea why is the DA not pushing DB details to SLD/LMDB of solman?

Regards,

Ganesh Sawale.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh,

Please verify per-requisites

Managed_System_Checklist - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Please verify SYBASE ASE stand-alone host is connected to solution manager...as shown in below link. The link talks about Sybase Afaria...but still u can check your steps.

Managed System Setup of Sybase Afaria in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN...

Let us know if this was useful.

Regards

Anand

former_member307779
Discoverer
0 Kudos

ganesh,

i have exactly the same issue

we have MDM catalog on sybase DB

i have installed SMD agents on all the hosts but am not getting any information about the ASE database through outside discovery to the LMDB.

i have solman on oracle db

therefore i have all oracle client tool software on my solman system and so "sapdbctrl" utility on all hosts, sends LMDB information regards oracle databases.

but not sending ASE db infomarion automatcially.

please tell me how you fixed your problem.

did you just install ASE client tools on your solman system?

did you have to do more than that?

thansk

0 Kudos

Hi Kirsty,

This issue is old. At that time the corresponding SAP NOTE processor informed me that standalone non sap ase is not supported for SAP solution manager but the situations is changed now. As far as I know its now supported. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to work on the same recently.