cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Is it possible to transfer sales contract BOM in to project system, if so kindly

guide me how it is possible with some config data.

Thanks in advance.

Pabak Rout

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pabak,

To transfer BOM to PS, tcode is CN33.

Please follow the following configuration/process steps to achieve your target.

1. You need to first create a profile for Bill of Material Transfer. Path is SPRO->Project System->Material->Bill of Material Transfer->Define profiles for Bill of Material Transfer.

Pre-requisites in this step would be to give usage as 5, mark radio button as sales order BOM, BOM application would be SD01. Dont forget to tick mark on Multilevel BOM, ALL Items and External data. Simultaneously enter other essential requirements as per your needs. (Press F1 and read help, you will know about their functionalities)

2. Now, under the above mentioned path. You need create a reference point. But before I need to explain you the purpose of creating reference point first. Basically, this reference point will be treated as common text name that you will use in BOM and PS. So it has to be common.

Reference point would be defined as per your need. Eg. BOM123, now this BOM123 will be used in  BOM creation and in PS as well.

3. Execute Tcode CN38 or third step from the configuration from the above mentioned paths.

Here, you would define fields in BOM and activity as reference point.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure that whatever the field name you assign here. Then database characteristics for those two fields must be same. I mean if you look at CS01, here you will have field SORTSTRNG whose field name is SORTF and database characteristics is Char(8) which means character of length 8. Now what you need to do is search for the similar database characteristics in Network activity as well. Better would be to use User fields like USR02 etc.

Now, in CN38 you better use fields like "SORTF" for BOM field name and "USR02" for Network Activity.

The reason for performing the above step is to enter BOM123 reference point under SortStrng in BOM and User field USR02 as a common reference point.

Save your entry here.

4. Create sales order BOM and put reference point as BOM123 under Sortstring field.

5. Put reference point BOM123 under user field USR02.

6. Go to CN33 to transfer sales order BOM to PS. Select your profile that you created in first step in selection profile column.

7. Simultaneously go to Environment->Selection parameters from top menu bar and check your entries.

8. Press enter. Put your sales order and do the transfer by pressing transfer icon.

I hope it would help you to some extent.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion.