Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3: ABAP Proxy with string as input

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am having a scenario ABAP Proxy 1 --> PI --> synchronous web service. The SOAP response from the web service

is mapped to iDoc ORDERS.ORDERS05.

But now I am facing the issue that I have to send the order numbers from SAP ERP back to the webservice. I can get the

order numbers of retrieved orders in the report that triggers the "ABAP Proxy 1" from the ORDERS.ORDERS05 iDocs.

My idea was to generate another "ABAP Proxy 2" which gets the retrieved order numbers as input.

And it would go the same way: ABAP Proxy 2 --> PI --> web service. The web serivce then sends back the order numbers that it flagged

as "already retrieved".

Is this possible to use a string of order numbers (1234, 54467, 88976) as input for the "ABAP Proxy 2"?

Thank you for your input on this.

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand your query appropriately..

Instead of passing order numbers in one input field repeat the node with details of order info and in PI you can convert that into the Web service request format....

In brief you have to write the report to call the proxy to fill/pass the data to PI...so advice is in report fetch all the orders based on condition and for each order generate a node of data (0..unbounded structure message...) in proxy message and then handle as per webservice request...

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thank you, I got it working.

Best regards,

Peter

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is this possible to use a string of order numbers (1234, 54467, 88976) as input for the "ABAP Proxy 2"?

why not ? just concatenate them in one field in the proxy

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk