cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloc needs to be excluded from MRP and backflush should happen from exculed Sloc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Consider there is a finished material A , under A i have a component B [ procurment type = F]

B has Slocs 0001,0002.

Now I have to exclude the sloc from 0001 from MRP,but while doing backflush the sloc 0001 needs to be considered for component consumption.

And for MRP planning I will be using sloc 0002 .

For acheving the above scenario , i have marked sloc 0001 for material B excluded from MRP via Tcode MMSC.

And I have assigned stock determination group [ consumption form sloc 0002 ] for the material B.

Now when I run the MRP , recepits for the material are getting created w.r.t to sloc 0002 , but Backflush is also considerding 0002 which is not desired .

Can some one guide me how to achieve the above scenario

Thanks

Sireesha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

If you are using stock determination group and system picks the material from that storage location, backflush will also have from the same storage location.

My question is why to backflush from a storage location where the stock is not planned? If you are using 0002 for planning, I assume stock receipt will be  there. As well logically issue should be from there itself.

Backflush you can maintain in different places but stock will be consumed from the issue storage location.

Please refer the document if it helps.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2013/12/30/backflush-and-its-priority-in-use

I feel you have to change the storage location manually.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krishnendu ,

We have scenario , where in we need tp get the stock of B to sloc 0002 , from 0002 to we move the stock to 0001 .

So when there is FG backflush it should consume B stock from 0001 instead 0002.

Thanks

Sireesha

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

I can see below options.

• Make stock determination strategy with storage location 0001 and with priority1. Exclude st loc 0001 from MRP (you have already done).Check if it works (Not very sure)
  • Manually change the storage location at the time of goods movement.
  • Use exit PPCO0005  Storage location/backflushing when order is created
  • Change in BOM item level as st loc 0001

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can implement customer exit PPCO0005 to manipulate component's storage location of production orders. You can assign export parameter STRLC_E depending on the conditions of your choice in th e user exit. Please try and revert.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

We use REM , so we dont have the concept of production orders.

Thanks

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use BAdI RM_BFLUSH_GOODSMVT to change the storage location during the repetitive manufacturing backflush.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Caetano ,

Is there any way by using stock determination group we can achive this requirment ?

Thanks

Sireesha

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sireesha,

Check by assigning the storage location 0001 for the component B in the BOM of A in the status long

text tab page. Now check in MFBF when posting confirmation for A, whether the components gets

picked from 0001 or from different storage location.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mangalraj ,

I have done the suggestec changes , it is considering the sloc 0001 for component B .

But though the stock is availble , and sitting as a backlog in MF47 .

when I remove the stock determination group from material master its working fine .

But I need the stock determination group because , the recepits of the component B should consider 0002.

Thanks

Sireesha

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sireesha,

Still unable to connect the dots as why you want to use the Stock determination group?

As I suggested maintain the production storage location 0001 in the BOM of product A for component

B and remove the stock determination group and check both MRP effect and the backflush storage

location and come back with your queries.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

For Material B you need to keep Backflush as blank in material master MRP-2 view .Please refer below pasted screen shot.

then take MRP run.

Please check & revert.

Thanks,