cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Integration for PLM systems using PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have been asked  requirement to integrate  PLM system  with the other Third Party systems like AUTOCAD, Solid Works, Catia V5.

Is it possble to integrate using PI as a middle ware.

Please suggest , as this is the first time involved in gathereing the requirements.

Regards

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Prakash,

The easiest way to integrate external tools like autocad is with file and the PI file adapter, however there are other possibilities like DB integration, cloud integration, etc; but i dont know if you need an extra license in autocad or to purchase/develop an extra program to use for example a SOAP connection.

If you are going to use SAP PLM you can establish a proxy connection with SAP PI or directly generate the files for autocad program. With other PLM tools the integration can change depending of the product.

If i was you i will ask for specific scenarios (and specific tools) to research what is the best integration way with PI.

Regards.

stenishpeter_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki Vila,

I have a similar requirement. We have to integrate SAP PLM (Product Structure Management (PSM), Assembly Management (ASM) and Material Masters) with Enovia VPM using SAP PI. CATIA V5 is the CAD system being used in Engineering.Please share your thoughts.

Regards,

Sten

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stenish,

First of all when you have new integration challenge like this you should to research the connectivity possibilities of the third-system. As far as i know there is a direct integration between SAP PLM and the CAD systems. May be you should consider a third-tools integrations or a direct integration better than PI depending of the complexity and number of interfaces needed.

Regards.

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, SAP can integrate with CAD systems directly CAD Desktop (CA-CAD) - SAP Library

But if you want to integrate with PI, I think it is possible, depends on how CAD systems can interchange data with PI.