cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

characteristics value in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Kindly let me know how to change the decimal points setting in characteristics in APO

In ECC side I have mentioned 5 decimal setting  in characteristics same has been updated in APO but actual it's round down to 3 digits.

My Requirement - I want to see 5 decimal  value characteristic  in APO

Ex - ECC - 20.23397   Display in APO - 20.234  - Current case

Requirement - ECC - 20.23397   Same would be displayed  in  APO  - 20.23397 

Rgds

SDB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDB,

Within APO, numerical characteristics for CDP are always handled in a format with 15 characters in total, of which 3 are decimal places. If you use a different type of format here, data disappears after the third decimal place. Remember this when you create characteristics, or when you integrate characteristics into APO. A check-box is available to select initial values of numeric characteristics in the display.

Please implement the OSS note 1551115 - Check report: Consistency of classes and chars. (APO)

Refer the point 9

9. More than 3 decimal places?

Displays all characteristics whose value(s) has/have more than three decimal places

Call transaction SE38 and use Program /SAPAPO/CHECK_CLASS_CHAR to correct these inconsistencies.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I have implemented above mentioned note in system but It's is only used for checking the inconsistancy of class and characteristics

It does not increase the demial 3 to five in apo

Please suggest any alternative approch.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SDB,

For numeric characteristics, SAP APO always uses the number format (15 digits, including three decimal places). If you have defined characteristics in the SAP R/3 System in a format with more than three decimal places, change the number format accordingly. You can raise this to OSS to support for more than 3 decimal places.

The characteristic to be created derives its length and character type from a reference structure field in the data dictionary of the APO System. The default reference structure is /SAPAPO/MC01_REF_STRUC, and contains fields for:

• Number strings (15 decimal places, 3 places after the decimal point)

Please refer the SAP help link,

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/5d/fd2fafbecdf54083477018fbeef5fd/content.htm

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

All above points are not working. Now I have raised OSS message and waiting for SAP response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

FYI

I checked With SAP. They cclearly mentioned that  not possible to have more than 3 decimal places in a CDPscenario in APO. The reason is that there is a technical restriction in the liveCache -

it cannot store values with more than 3 decimal places.

Hence I am closing this Thread

Thanks

Rgds

SDB

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDB,

Yes that's right I have also communicated same in my earlier posting. Please close the discussion.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDB,

Did you check the "decimal places" value in the "basic data" view on CT04?

Regards,

Jorge

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SDB,

Please refer this thread which has details on Characteristics Based Forecasting(CBF)

Hope this will help.

Thank you,

Satish Waghmare

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SDB,

Are you talking about characteristic value or keyfigure data ?

I think you can always design a custom characteristic that accepts a data element with 5 decimal points. Did you try this ?

Each characteristic is associated with data element which you can see it in RSD1. So, in your case may be APO is using a different data element that has only 3 decimal points ? This is my opinion.

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Babu

Thanks for ur reply

I am looking on characteristic value.

Could you please provide me process to check the characteristic data type in tcode RSD1

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SDB,

Go to RSD1-> Enter the characteristic name in Infoobject input field and click on Display. You will see a second screen with different tabs. In the General tab, you will see the data element with the length and other details. Or double click on the data element and you can see the decimal places in the next screen.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not able to execute  RSD1 with  Entering  the characteristic name in Infoobject input field

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check your authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to display my characterist through CT04 in apo but when I used the same characteristic in  Infoobject input field. It's showing me below message

Enter valid characteristic ( D_PIR not available)

Message no. R7106

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDB,

I believe there is some confusion, With CT04 you are talking about variant characteristics and not normal demand planning characteristics (Info Objects), which you can maintain in RSD1.

To use variant characteristics in demand planning you need to do settings for Characteristics Based Forecasting, please check below link. This is related to CBF (Characteristics Based Forecasting)

and also SAP Help link for same

Characteristics-Based Forecasting - SAP Library

Hope you find it helpful.

Rgds

Sourabh