Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check for future date MTO

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello frnds,

I having an issue where for MTO material if I select a future date in the schedule line for the sales order it confirms the same immediately without  doing the availability check.

The inhouse production time is 5 and no stock is currently available.

For current date it does the availability check correctly.

Please assist me in understanding system behaviour as I would assume that the confirmation would not be done for the future date as well(problem is in MD04 no planned orders are created as the order is already confirmed)

Regards

Madan Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madan,

Does your availability check consider 'lead time'?  (OVZ9; "Check without RLT" is un-checked).  If so, then any requirements dates outside of lead time will automatically be confirmed, regardless of the supply situation.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your time and  reponses,

Dogboy your input was valuable as it resolved the issue. I had maintained in house production time as 5 days even though RLT in MMaster was blank

I think since in the availability check the "Check without RLT" was unchecked, for any delivery dates post the 5 days in house prod time system assumed that it can be confirmed and hence did so immediately.

Regards

Madan Shetty

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

Please check in OVZ2 for the checking group if "No check" is set.

Also check for the schedule line category determined for the order, in VOV6  that "Availability" should be set.

Regards,

Glaucia

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As this is a MTO scenario, it should generate a production order. for your case, I assume there could be some issue with the strategy group in the material master. Could you check whether correct Requirement type is determined in Sales order and relevant Production order assigned to corresponding requirement class ?

Check OVZH and OVZG settings

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

Please try to rerun the availability check for the order at schedule line level by clicking on the respective ICON and see what date it takes for the confirmation.

Also what is the future date you are entering - Is it 5 days from today's date ?

Regards