cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager 7.1 SP10 upgrade stuck in phase SHADOW_IMPORT_INC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to patch a Solution Manager fresh installation to SP10.

The installation seems to be stuck in phase SHADOW_IMPORT_INC

I can't find any errors in the logs and there is alomost no CPU activity on the server.

It's a Windows/Oracle installation.

I have already reste the pahse and the full patchnig but still the same.

The stuck seems not to appear each time at the same level of completion inside the phase.

Any idea ?

Anybodu has the same problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using the Oracle database then I think you have hit the issue in KBA :

1738989 - Upgrade/Support Package import hang due to INACTIVE wait event "SQL*Net break/reset client...

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked note 1738989 and note 1635605

Note says thaht the problem should not appear anymore with oracle 11.2.0.3 on windows.

Netheir the less I have try the solution by adding Oracle initialization parameter

_use_zero_copy_io=false.

After that problem was solved and upgrade is now finished.

So those note are also helpfull for user facing this kind of problem with oracle 11.2.0.3 on windows

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I had this problem and found out that the oracle was using 100% of the disk space because of the archive logs.

You can remove all archive logs (make sure you have backups in case you need to restore something later in case of a failed backup or crash) from /oracle/<sid>/oraarch.

I used "rm -R *" in this folder.

The oracle system freezes in this situation but the db is still up. When you remove the files, it takes a while but the execution later continues by itself (give it like 5 minutes and double check).

former_member186752
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thierry

Have you tried using a different(newer) kernel version?

Cheers

Marian