Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context value getting lost

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have add a parameter of string type to the default inbound plug of my window Interface View. Now in the Interface View Implementation I am fetching this parameter value successfully and I am assigning this value to a component controller value attribute now when I am trying to get the value of this value attribute in component controller I am getting null. Can somebody help me where I could be wrong.

Regards

sid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

You can get the parameter value as Bertam said. or

Try setting the parameter value to a context attribute and then print(use) that context attribute value.

Regards,

Jhansi

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Sid,

in case you try to access this context attribute value with the component controller's wdDoInit() hook method you will get null as the component interface controller's startup plug eventhandler is invoked later! First all controller instances are being created and initialized and finally the Web Dynpro Java Runtime invokes the startup plug event handler.

As a solution for you problem you must invoke a public component controller method within the startup plug eventhandler of the comp. interface view controller. In this component controller method you can then successfully get the context value.

Regards, Bertram