cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Frnds, MDM Roll out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

For an MDM roll out project to multiple countries, what are the factors we need to consider, Do you have any documents on this, I would like to know  about the implementation process, risks and mitigations,Solution approach. Please reply with your useful comments.

Regards,

Arnmitz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alejandro_jimenez2
Participant
0 Kudos

well. MDM is a tool to give you more control in your master data, but you need define the control (countries, system, people, proceess,) and after you could define the landscape

But the principal consideration is the process, the arquitecture, maybe in any countries you need change the proccess to maintain the master data. and you will need change the process and have a standard with MDM. so.. your solution would include all countries, one solution for all countries.

identify the system, maybe the countries have system No SAP. and SAP. so, you need include this point in your arquitecture.

topicalization. sometimes, any countries have a diferente behavior in their proccess, so you need identify this topicalizations and take account if you can to change your model or you need change anything in your model.

strategic to changes. you need define the procces to start to use the tool and dont stop the activities.

sizing. when you define your landscape, you need identify the quantity from users and access. to define the system´s size.

hidden defects. the more complicated is whne the people have hidden defects, in other words. some times the system have proccess Z or solutions workaround, if you have a landscape where you considered only that you can see, when you found this problem, you would be able to adapt your model. for example, the customer would to use any field for information relevant only byself. but no relevant for other countries. So. you need include this field in your model in MDM?? what is the impact. or maybe this field, is full with other kind of information in other country.

Centralization.  you need to define the control. really the control would be central, or you can maintain diferents repositories to diferents countries.

sorry if my speech is very informal, but i hope to be helpful for you. i was looking for information for you, but, each project is diferent to other, so it complicate define what considerations you would have.

when you are implementing you will have more surprises. these are only any memories from my experience.

regards.

http://searchdatamanagement.techtarget.com/news/1197229/Seven-master-data-management-best-practices?...

Answers (0)