cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS-PPM data Sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are planning to implement PPM and PS both in order to have the best resource planning capabilities.

In the discussions the issue has come up that:

1>In PPM only 3 level of WBS can be maintained.

The problem that this is causing is that: we are maintaining sub-department WBS and resource will be assigned to Sub-departments. Now the sub-department WBS is the 4th and sometimes 5th level of WBS. So, this means that the resource information/input can not come from PPM because only 3 levels of WBS will be maintained there.

Question: Maintaining 3 levels of WBS at PPM - is this a standard SAP functionality or is there any other logic behinid the same.

2>The resource flow is not happening from PPM to PS. What we understand is that providing that sync will be an additional development.

Please let me know if the understanding is in line.

Would appreciate it someone can help me with this soon.

Have a good one,

Best regards,
Adity...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adity,

I am not sure, if you are talking about the resouce planning functinoality of the  PPM portfolio management  (initiative, item etc.) or the accounting integration functionality of  PPM project management .

If you are talking about the accounting integration of PPM project:

regarding first point:

'>In PPM only 3 level of WBS can be maintained.'

Is it a statement or a question?

Because there is no Object 'WBS' in PPM area, you can link ERP object e.g. WBS to PPM object, or the system can generate the WBS in ERP system. But anyway, you can never maitain WBS, no matter how many leves, in PPM .

Secondly if you mean the replication functionality of PPM project, there is no limitation of the level. You can have task and subtasks to a very deep hierarchy. This hierarchy (or levels) can be reflected in the replicated WBS hierarchy in the ERP system.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Zhenbo,

Thanks! Appreciate the details.

By WBS i meant - the structure in PS and YES levels in PPM.

Thanks again. I understand that we can maintain many levels which will get translated to WBS in PS.

My second question was:

We have resources mapped in PPM to different levels.

When the project gets transferred to PS(from PPM) - how does the resources mapped to levels be reflected there.

Appreciate your help again,

Best regards,
Adity...

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adity,

regarding you second question, I donot aware about such functionality in PPM. The replication scenario has the main purpose to enable the costs integration for the PPM project. Only costing relevant data is transferred to the ERP PS side. If your project has the role-based accounting, then at least the staffing information (E.G. Business partner 'Hugo'  is staffed to role 'Design', 10 hours)  of PPM project is available in ERP PS side. But the whole logic to retieve data from costing and to use for resource planning need to be done by youself.

There is a product calls MRS (multiple resource schedule?), which can retrieve the resources usage in different applications (include the PPM) and evaluate them in a central place . Maybe it fit your requirements.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo