SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate FI-CA without activating any IS solution

former_member316563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to have all functionality of FI-CA in ECC without activating any IS solution. I was just doing a comparison and I have following observation:

1. Billing & Invoicing Transactions were missing in Easy Access menu in ECC FI-CA.
  2. Dunning by Collection strategy node was missing in SPRO menu in ECC FICA.

My Question would be, can anyone tell me the

1. Major difference between ECC FICA and IS FICA.
  2. Can ECC FICA be used for the same purpose we use in IS solution.
  3. Does Extended FICA (FICAX) have all functionality of IS- FICA like for e.g. RMCA & PSCD.

Thanks & Regards

Satyajeet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

I think you are looking in to the SPRO configs where in you are getting configuration nodes for Contract Accounts receivable and payable.

This is because, as of Release SAP ERP 2005, the SAP FI-CAX software is no longer delivered separately from the SAP Standard system. Instead, it forms part of SAP ERP 2005 Central Component (SAP ECC), with the name SAP ECC Industry Extension FI-CAX. This means that the FI-CAX software is on the system as soon as you install SAP ECC.

Please refer to SAP Note 884566.

I think you will find FICA tables like DFKKOP, DPAYH etc. but I am sure you will not found any standard FI-CA Transactions, like FPL9 , FPE1 etc.

Please refer to the SAP Note 838003 as a reference.

FI-CA comes with these Industry Solutions, and only one IS add-on can be activated in a system.

So until and unless you activate an IS, I don't think you will be able to use FI-CA functionalities.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

I think you are looking in to the SPRO configs where in you are getting configuration nodes for Contract Accounts receivable and payable.

This is because, as of Release SAP ERP 2005, the SAP FI-CAX software is no longer delivered separately from the SAP Standard system. Instead, it forms part of SAP ERP 2005 Central Component (SAP ECC), with the name SAP ECC Industry Extension FI-CAX. This means that the FI-CAX software is on the system as soon as you install SAP ECC.

Please refer to SAP Note 884566.

I think you will find FICA tables like DFKKOP, DPAYH etc. but I am sure you will not found any standard FI-CA Transactions, like FPL9 , FPE1 etc.

Please refer to the SAP Note 838003 as a reference.

FI-CA comes with these Industry Solutions, and only one IS add-on can be activated in a system.

So until and unless you activate an IS, I don't think you will be able to use FI-CA functionalities.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for replying.

I could successfully execute transactions FPE1, FPE3, FP05 & FP06 in FICAX.

I could not execute FPL9 as it was giving short dump.

However there is no main transaction 0100.

My question is still open, can we still use FICAX to handle large number of customers as we do in IS-U FI-CA?

Thanks & Regards

Satyajeet

0 Kudos

Yes - FI-CAx can be used by any customer.  You would be able to use all FI-CA transactions except those designed for specific industries.  SAP has many customers doing this already.  The concern, if any, would be licensing.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill for clarifying my doubt.

One last question, can we use Dunning by Collection strategy in FICAx as dont see the config point in SPRO menu.

Regards,

Satyajeet

0 Kudos

Have you activated switch FICAX_CI_1?

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Any idea if Dunning by Collecton strategy included FI-CA solution w.r.t. BRIM license ?

If you can give me some brief idea regradng content of BRIM would be great.

Regards,

Satyajeet

0 Kudos

Satyajeet:

I am not an expert in BRIM.  I do know that collections management is included as a dunning option in BRIM.  It would be used the same way as for utilities and others with FICA.

regards,

bill.