Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress TAPA item category during RBATP

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a business requirement wherein the TAPA item category should be suppressed during the rules based ATP (Location Substitution). Business dont want to this line because of the following reasons:

It impacts their subsequent documents like delivery, invoices etc

Item category TAPA might create confusion to business users and their customers.

There are couple of interfaces which might consider the first line item (which is not relevant for delivery, price determination etc) instead of the second one. (dont have much info on this)

Double demand counting.

I did my research a little bit and found this note.1859887which says that it can suppress the line item. I have not tried though.

So my question is:

Has anybody done this before ie line item suppression during the location substitution. If yes then how.

What were the implications of not doing it. I know it varies from business to business but how it impacts from a system perspective.

Do let me know if more info is needed to help me out.

Thanks

Karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Did you get a chance to read my earlier blog on this topic ?

http://scn.sap.com/community/scm/apo/production-planning-interfaces-and-global-atp/blog/2013/12/28/m...

In check instructions, you have a new option called "Merge Sub items" as of SCM 7.0 EHp2. Please try to implement it and test all the possible scenarios. I assume that in location substitution you are using an STR to ship from location 2 to location 1 and hence you do not want to see two locations in the sales document.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Your blog is absolutely brilliant as far as the explanation for the merge sub-item goes. I was basically inclined more towards not having TAPA category at all in the order. I just wanted the TAN category to be populated in the order when doing the location substitution.

For eg.

Scenario-STO in location substitution

SO-100

Material- M1

Plant -P1

Substitution plant- P2

Stock at P1-0

Stock at P2-100

Using Fan based structure in Location determination and all other settings has been configured.

Now when I create the order on P1, as per the rule it should go and hit P2 for the stock and it automatically generates the STO for P2.

So I want to two things to happen:

Plant P1 is still there in the order.

TAPA item category is not populated in the order but just TAN.

Hope I am clear in explaining the situation.

Thanks

Karan

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Do let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks

Karan

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan

If you have not referred this thread, here is the link

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Apologies. I have not come across this scenario. You may raise an OSS message to SAP and seek their advice on this.

Babu Kilari

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see the answer in thread with required BADI enhancement, config in APO and ECC.

https://community.sap.com/t5/supply-chain-management-q-a/atp-and-consolidation-tapa-tan-lines/qaq-p/...

pavan_verma2_0-1706600665366.png

Results will show you "plant has been changed on main item " and no TAPA line appears.

pavan_verma2_1-1706600679881.png