Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Master / transaction data changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have some basic questions on CIF, please address them

I see the current set up  - all master / transaction data changes are transferred via scheduled batch jobs(daily), one for CFM1 and another for CFM3

CFM1 will create integration model and CFM3 will activate the newest version

Master data includes material master , work centre ,BOM, PDS, info record , scheduling agreement

Transaction data inlcudes storage location stock, sales orders etc

My understanding is that this daily jobs (CFM1 / CFM3) will not retransfer everything but only the delta change - please correct me if I'm wrong

Issue 1

- at times we see that some changes made to the material master never comes into APO, like say deletion flag set at MRP area level, planning time fence changed etc

so we do CFM1 /CFM3 for the respetive part , execute the program RIMODINI , after that we will see the changes in APO

1. Is this a stnadrd CIF inconsistency experienced by everyone else there is a way we can stop this ?
  2. Challenge is we never know which product missed the update until some one from business and inform us , is there any workaround to avoid this ?

Issue 2

1. Recently we were reported that work centre interval and shift changes are not reflecting in APO(RES01 - display capacity profile) , upon testing we found that changes will only go to APO after executing RIMODINI and not just regular CFM1 and CFM3
  2. But I'm advised to use CFP1 to transfer work centre changes after setting immediate transfer in CFC9 , my question is why CFM1/CFM3 will not transfer the changes that I make to work centre , but it works with RIMODINI
  3. under what scenario / circumstances we use transaction CFP1 ( we have not used this transaction before )and how is it different from CFM1/CFM3  ?

Please help me in understanding overall functionality of CIFF

Thanks

Vijai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijai,

Great Question...!!!

By running below programs in their order, you will be able to achieve Periodic Data Transfers through Batch Jobs.

Generate integration model - RIMODGEN  (Same as CFM1)  and
Activate integration model - RIMODAC2 (Same as CFM3)

And transaction CFP1 or program RCPTRAN4 can be used for Processing change pointers

This approach will transfer the differential data w.r.t Master data. It will also help minimize data transfer related to master data.

Transaction CFC9 :

For master data it is commonly used - Option#1 of "ALE Change Transfer, Periodic" from CFC9. Changes to master data objects in ECC are recorded and then transfer of the changes is done periodically.

However if required, it can be transferred Immediately using Option#2 of "BTE Transfer, Immediately" from CFC9.

If Option#1 selected then,

1. CIF Message types must be activated for change recording. Transaction BD50
  2. Activate Change Pointers. Transaction BD61.
  3. The fields relevant to a message type to be selected. Transaction BD52
  4. Table BDCPV can be used to view Change pointers.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay!

First of all, great questions you got there.

"My understanding is that this daily jobs (CFM1 / CFM3) will not retransfer everything but only the delta change"

Yes, you are correct. This will happen if you run /CFM1 and then /CFM2 or /CFM3. Note that you should NOT deactivate the previous Integration Model version before activating the new one. If you deactivate the old and activate the new in two steps (two saves or two job runs), all data will be transferred again. If you do in one step, only the delta.

Issue 1 -> Material Master Data changes are usually transferred automatically. For this you have to setup /CFC9 to Immediate (value 2). If you use change pointers (value 1), you should check /BD50, /BD52 and /BD60 to check if the fields are activated for CIF transfer.

The only workaround to ensure consistency with the Materials is to run RIMODINI.

Issue 2 -> Check the current strategy you got for Resources in /CFC9. Double check for active Integration Model before running RIMODINI (maybe the IM got deactivated?).

General tip: double check if the MARC-APOKZ field is OK in your Materials. More details on this KBA:

1750942 - How to correct MARC-APOKZ inconsistencies

I hope this helps you a little bit.

Best regards,

Will