Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliver deleted without deleting invoice

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In the document flow of invoice document I can see that the delivery document is archived (deleted) but the billing document still exists. How is it possible to delete delivery without deleting billing document and in which scenario is it done?

Regards,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies everybody. Actually the issue is that once you cancel an invoice and delete the delivery then when you see document flow for invoice it shows delivery as archived but it doesn't show cancelled invoice document. When you see document flow for cancelled invoice it again shows same delivery as archived but it doesn't show the original invoice. So the link between original and cancelled invoice is broken and hence the confusion. Anyway problem is identified now. Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,

Karan

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You already got many suggestions and I agree with Amandeep Singh. Archiving is something different from deleting a delivery. Deleting is not possible until you reverse billing document but archiving may be possible. Are you guys in a practice of archiving sales documents?? If possible paste the screen shot of document flow here.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

As deletion and archiving are two different scenario's, hence I would suggest you to get in touch with your Archiving team first in case it is archived. Bt if this delivery was deleted somehow , that is not on the lines of standard SAP process, then you should first check in the CDHDR Table as to who did the last changes to this document. Then you can directly ask that person for the way adopted by him/her for this. This suggestion is due to the fact that this is not supported by Standard SAP but yes there can be something else at your level.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

In standard system, its not possible to delete delivery doc without deleting invoice.

So there might be some issue with the user exits that ur system is using during the process.

Just try to replicate the scenario using standard doc types and see if the u were able to delete LF when F2 exists.    

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan:

Now if I think about it, deleting delivery note requires GI open, GI open means no item invoiced, or at least the invoice has been cancelled(I'm sure you have checked the doc flow at various levels multiple times). Unless you are using order related billing, or you have a different requirement maintained in copy control in VTFL not requiring GI status complete for Invoicing, there could be one explanation (though, with very little confidence).

From the technical end, maybe the delivery note was archived? maybe the delivery note was wiped out of the table by some weird and non-clean technical methods? that give me even less confidence.

either way this is a puzzle and I'm waiting for Sherlock Holms on this board to give a reasonable answer.

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shichang,

It is delivery related billing only and no such requirement is maintained in copy control. In document flow it shows delivery as archived because once delivery note is deleted it will show as archived only indocument flow. I am also not able to understand how this Iis happening.

Regards,

Karan

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Karen,

just checked in my system. after delivery note deletion, it disappears from the doc flow.

during my trial I did some research, seems  there is more in this matter, please check this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3384628