cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues/Errors with BW/ECC Sources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am on client site and we are having a difficult time resolving, or even isolating the issues we are facing with BW/ECC sources in Information Steward.IS is version 4.1 SP2.

The connections have been successfully established and validated to both the BW and ECC source system, but the client is experiencing issues when trying to view/import objects from these sources.

Can someone please advise on the following issues? The client needs this resolved ASAP.

Issue 1 - (ECC Source) An error occurs when trying to access extractors (Please see attached screenshot!)

Issue 2 - (BW Source) Extractors are not visible when fully expanding their parent folders to lowest level. 'Tables' folder does not appear as it should (Please see attached screenshot!)

The Functions (files) are the correct version and appear to be installed properly.

If anyone can shed any light on either of these issues, please advise. You would be doing this project and myself a great service.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I'm not sure about the BW problem.

The ECC one is clear though. You missing some functions in the ECC system.

Login to it and run Tcode SE37 and do listing to see if the function is there.

Also in the connector you could change the setting run in the background to no and see what happens.

Thanks,

BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response; I had the client check and there do appear to be functions in the ECC system.

The error occurs when trying to expand the folders...

Thanks again,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Are the ones that are listed in the error listed?

If not, this is your problem.

Thanks,

BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the support. I got an expert to support and it turned out to be a product issue; SAP Notes and patches must be applied so we're working through that process now.

Best,

John