cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUMO-A reason has to be entered for movement type 344

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We currently have the system configured to enter a 'reason for movement' for movement type 344 and this field is marked as required in the movement type configuration. We have configures the transactions allowed for the movement type and HUMO is one of them.

When I try to post the same HU using the path 'Edit-> Change HU Posting-> Other Postings->Process-> Transfer posting unrestriced to blocked', it prompts me for a 'Reason for Movt' and allows me to post it to a blocked stock.

However, when we try to post an HU to blocked to stock using the path in HU monitor 'Edit-> Change HU Posting->In Blocked Stock', the system gives an error 'A reason has to be entered for movement type 344'. Please note, it does not even prompt me to enter a reason for the movement.

Is there a configuration node to have the above error corrected? Or is there any SAP note which could help us solve the problem? We are aware of the SAP note 1679167 for transaction VLMOVE but not sure the same would actually correct the issue for HUMO. Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Biswajit,

unfortunately, as far as I can see in source

SAPLHUMO                  / LHUMOF04
FORM                      / TRANSFER_POSTING_HU

during debugging, there is no GUI code to ask user for a reason. So it's a lack of functionality.

I think you can add this by an implicit enhancement around FORM transfer_posting_hu asking user e.g. with function module call POPUP_GET_VALUES_DB_CHECKED.

But transfering the entered reason down to the MM posting seems also not so easy because reason field "GRUND" may not visible in that callstack level.

Hope that helps you along

Best regards,

Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check this helps.

Create copy movement type  944 (copy of 344) and assign it for processing of "Unrestricted to blocked" for HU. and deactivate mandatory reason for movement.

I know its other way around, That's the same we have done for one of relevant issues.

Regards,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please understand we need the reason for movement and that is why we have it mandatory. Or else we will be happy deactivating it for 344 itself. We need the reason code while moving it to blocked from unrestricted and want the system to propose the popup in HUMO monitor in the one step process.