Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter -Archive/Delete

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

I have one issue with File Adapter, its not able to delete/archive the files after processing , I am getting the below error:

First I tried archiving the file it gave error, then I tried delete option that is also not working, can any body suggest

Could not archive file 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' after processing

Could not delete file  'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' after processing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

josantonio_roldnluna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if option "Archive Files on FTP Server" is set true in CC File Sender.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

can you please provide the screenshot of error and channel configuration?

regards,

Harish

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos
former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the folder path is invalid. I see '\\' in your directory path.

is it your NFS directory?

Just navigate through filezilla or AL11 and copy the directory path.

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Folder is correct, this is Shared folder ,PI is able to read files from that folder but when I am giving same folder as archive its not working

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Even I tried with Delete option without giving any Archive folder path, its throwing Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Did you try by providing complete access to the folders ?

- Muru

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, Folders having complete access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajiv,

Can you please share the screenshot of the folder along with their access ? The error occurs mostly due to the access.

- Muru

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check this one if it helps you?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/213607

Regards,

Muniyappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>Folder is correct, this is Shared folder ,PI is able to read files from that folder but when I am giving same folder as archive

Don't give same folder name under main and archive directory, try to use different folders?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

hmm, I am using different directories already

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then i too believe that user don't have write or delete access...

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Windows (SMB) Shares

• Q: Using a File Adapter channel I would like to retrieve files from and/or write files to a Windows (SMB) share. Which considerations do I need to take into account?
  • A: When the Adapter Engine hosting the File Adapter service is running under Microsoft Windows, make sure that the share is accessible for the user "SAPService<SID>" under which the File Adapter is operating. If the share is mapped to a drive letter, make sure that this mapping exists for the "SAPService<SID>" user. UNC paths are typically supported under Microsoft Windows. When the Adapter Engine hosting the File Adapter service is running under UNIX, make sure that the SMB share is mounted into the local file system hierarchy and accessible to the "<sid>adm" user. Note that UNC paths are typically not supported under UNIX. For details, contact your operating system vendor.

Message was edited by: Hareesh Gampa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

i have faced this issue before and also resolved it . It is due to the access given to the folder, to investigate more the screenshot of the folders will be helpful.

Instead of changing the existing one , you can create a folder manually in the directory ,provide complete access to it  and try using the folder in your scenario. It should work. PFB image for reference ;

- Muru

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is Solved now, we deleted and recreated shared folder its working fine, thank you for all your help

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

If this is solved why you are keeping this thread open?

please close it.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

former_member308595
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv ,

What actions you did to resolve the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Please check the folder permissions that your are archiving and deleting the file.

The folder should have Read/Write/Delete complete access (777 access) , once you provide the complete access you will be able to archive and delete.

You can do it yourself through filezilla if you have the permission or you can request basis team to do it.

- Muru