Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in xi

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any body help me i am getting issue like one my customer getting error like "Error in xi:Technical error"in ECC SYSTEM,I have searched it on the forums i did not get the solution for this.

As a pi consultant where i need to check regarding this issue i have checked it on SM59 all connection settings are woriking fine.

Can any body help me on this issue .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

It seems to be an issue at ECC while it is connecting to PI . So basis has to check the SM59 in ECC system whether they are able to establish the connection to PI .

- Muru

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murugavel,

Thanks for your reply it is very useful information for me and i am raising a incident to basis team,

Can you tell me on what situations we will get this error can u share the information regarding this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Can you please let us know where exactly this error is displayed.

1.  Is it during IDOC posting , if yes then there will be a status code associated with it which will give you good enough start to investigate further . PLease refer the IDOC status codes in the below link

2. Can you please check the error is displayed in transaction SM58, ..if yes then its a connection issue  trouble shoot  SM59 connection .

3, Also if it is the first time the IDOC is being pushed to XI , Please ensure partner profile and Ports are all set up properly .Inbound and Outbound Idoc Configuration Steps - Contributor Corner - SCN Wiki

Regards

Srinivas

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinvas,

Thanks for your help now basis people is taking care that.

Can you please let me know on what cased we will get this type of errors help help me on this in future if i will get same error i need to solve.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

The error occurs

When the user configured in ECC SM59 to connect PI server was locked

The connecting password is wrong

The user doesn't exist in PI [SU01]

The server or port configured might be wrong .

- Muru

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murugavel,

Thanks for your reply anyways this issue was closed by basis team. i am closing this thread.
Regards

Madhu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Tell the basis team to check whether in SXMB_ADM the destination is maintained properly or not.

also the value of IS_URL should be there pointing to the PI system.

thanks

Gaurav Ranjan

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Thanks for your help can u share if there is any documents related to these issue if we face in pi how can we resolve, it is very helpful for me.

Regards

madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

THis generally happens when you are having FSCM interfaces in place for checking credit management while creating a sales order.For the detailed config you can refer this blog :

http://scn.sap.com/people/vasanthkumar.s2/blog/2009/06/25/sap-fscm--credit-management-implementation...

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply exactly we are having same integration with fscm system.can you tell me how can we reslove if the issue arises any idea on this please share your ideas to it is helpful for me.

Regards

Madhu

josantonio_roldnluna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Could you check if RFC Destination on sm59 type 3 is OK?

And we21 (connection ports) and we20 (EDI Metadata) tcode is maintened on sender SAP server side?

Can you also check if the Idoc is already loaded on idx1 and idx2 in PI side?

I hope this clues help you.

regards,

José Antonio.

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rose,

Thanks for your reply now the issue was in basis bucket they find there is some issue on their side.

Can you just share if technical errors arises in PI side how can we resolve is there any documents or linke if you have please share me it is very help ful for me.

Regards

MADHU

josantonio_roldnluna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Of course if you need I can send you some hot guides about this. But, it depends which PI version have you installed.

regards,

José Antonio

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonia,

Thank you very much for your kind reply i am currently working on sap pi 7.1 please share me the guide what ever your having.

It is very help ful for me.

In our current project we have all are standared interfaces with standard mappings and currently we are working for sap pi 7.1

Regards

josantonio_roldnluna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

This guide is very complet. Try to follow guide steps to revise your configuration. If you see something wrong ask your Basis team. It is a BASIS dutty.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d19fe210-0d01-0010-4094-a6fba344e...

This is SAP help for how to configure IDoc adapter for 7.1.

Configuring the IDoc Adapter - SAP Library

regards,

José Antonio.

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Thank you very much it is very help ful for me.

Regards

Madhu

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for your reply, yes this issue in ECC System and it is raised by User and they are saying that there is problem on PI side and i have checked it in sm 59 and st22 and sldcheck there are all fine there is nothing from PI side and i have not checked in ECC System.I have cheked there is no dumps all are fine.

Is it really PI Issue or Basis issue can you just clarify.On what cased we will get this isssue.

Regards

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's very difficult to classify it without knowing much of the error details.

Is it possible for you to share the error screenshot too?

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks harish for your reply,on what case we will get these type of issues in generally im asking if you knows can you just send me is there any document related to these type of errors in both pi and ecc as you said that is ANY DUMP occurs so in that case what can we do to avoid can just clarifty that.

any idea on this is very help ful for me.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu ,

Is it coming while creating a sales order in ECC?

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply,yes while creating sales order they are getting this issue.

Gaurav can you please confirm is it a pi issue or basis issue

Why because from pi end i have checked in sm59,sldcheck i did not find any issue all are working fine.

On what cases we will get these type of issues,can u just clarify these.

Regards

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Madhu,

Could you please give some more details like what is scenario.

If its proxy scenario could you  see if proxy connection is established.

If not please give little more details so that we can try to help you.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply,my scenario is idoc to proxy via pi.

Your saying that proxy connection is established or not i am assuming that we need to check that by using tcode sm59,is it correct or not ,if correct in sm59 all connections are fine and i have also checked in sldcheck there also all are fine i dont find any issues there.

Can you plz help me on this.

On what case we need to get this type of isseus.

Is it a basis issue or pi issue can you confirm this .

Regards

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu - From your replies i understand that you are getting this message in ECC.

Can you check if there any dumps during the sales order creation? Execute st22 transaction on the ECC system.