Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use JCo on PI in an deployable archive SDA

former_member343679
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm developing an Axis Handler which should call a BABI on ABAP Stack.

I try to use JCo 3 in my own written Axis Handler in order to call a BAPI in ABAP Stack. When I include sapjco3.jar in my SDA I get an error message saying:

"Exception caught by adapter framework: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCo: Unsupported runtime environment
JCo standalone is detected inside of SAP AS Java.
This environment already comes with its own integrated JCo version.
There is no need to install or deploy the JCo standalone in this environment.
Please remove the 'sapjco3.jar' archive from the Java class path, from the Java extension path ('java.ext.dirs') and from all custom software deployment archives.
Wherever needed, add an application reference to the library 'com.sap.conn.jco'to your application or to its deployment descriptor instead."

I then removed the jar again and tried to reference the library in provider.xml:

<reference type="library" strength="weak" provider-name="sap.com">com.sap.conn.jco</reference>

In the later case my sda is deployed, but it cannot be started.

"Application sap.com/com.sap.aii.axis.app cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to library:com.sap.aii.af.axis.lib, which is not active on the server because  library is deployed but cannot be loaded. Contact component owners for assistance."

So my primary question is how to use JCo-lib within my SDA?

Thanks & Regards

Heinz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member343679
Discoverer
0 Kudos

So, I finally found the error.

The reference to library com.sap.conn.jco was wrong, because this library didn't exist.

The correct reference is:

<reference type="library" strength="strong" provider-name="sap.com">tc~com.sap.conn.jco</reference>

Regards, Heinz

Answers (0)