Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Price Grouping:

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the following path  to material pricing group allows only double digits and we have exhausted of all the possible alphabets and number combination.

SPRO - Sales & Distribution - Basic Functions - Pricing - Maintain Price-Relavent Master data fields - Define material groups

A1 - A9

B1- B9

...Z1 - Z9 and then AA to AZ and untill ZZ combinations.

Now still we want to extend more, but not getting idea except using symols like 1* - 9* etc

I am looking for more creative ideas, do you have it?

Thanks,

Sridhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

There are also material group 1 to material 5, could it be possible as an alternative fields ?

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the valueble inputs but nothing very unique.

Thanks,

Sridhar.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl let us know the Business Process of Pricing and what making you to create number of Material Pricing groups.

Pl Try like below and correct me---Have you tried with some other fields as an alternative to Material pricing group in Material Master(May be the field like old material number--with Some value--Later you maintain a Z-table with the columns like Old material Number and Mat Pricing grp.

(Example:X--as mat Pric grp-1

Y-Material price group2

Z-Material Price group-3)(Off course this Old material number MARA-BISMT--has to be there in your Pricing as one of the condition-If needed)

Or

Then Only one option left is Z-table with required entries and create the routines for pricing--But this will be-- too technical intervention--cannot be suggested.

Pl correct me.

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean to say, you have even utilised the values like

AA, AB,
BA, BB
CA, CB  etc?

I cant imagine for some Business scenario, this much of Material Pricing Group is exhausted.  Needless to mention, other than using symbols, there is no other option.  But to be frank, your pricing structure should have been handled in a better way had we known the Business process

G. Lakshmipathi

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Yes, we have exhausted even those combinations, and believe me it is one of the biggest manufacturing giant where the materials are in 1000's of variety, and to control them we have exhausted in over a decade of time. Now we are looking into the alternatives to see, how to control them.

I appreaciate your opinion.

Thanks,

Sridhar.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested, you can go for including symbol characters and if you feel that at a later date, this would also be exhausted, then as a permanent solution, I would recommend to have a zee table with couple of fields to maintain the relevant data like

• Key field (can be alpha or numeric or alpha numeric) - field length can be four or five
  • Description
  • Material Code

and if you want to add any other fields, you can add in this zee table.  Download from table T178 to this zee table so that all your existing Material Pricing Group would be copied.  Once the existing data is stored in this zee table, via SM30, user can add further Material Pricing Group as and when it is required. 

Finally what you have to do is to validate this zee table with USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP in the program MV45AFZZ whenever sale order is created.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Did you try with 1A, 1B...  already ?

if so you were left only with symbols

regards,

santosh

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

yes, I have finished 1a-1z , 1A- 1Z, Z1-Z9 all alphabets and and numbers.

Dont think symbol will be a great idea, but still exploring any other creative ideas.

Thanks,

Sridhar.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It doesn't look great but unfortunately you have only this option. There is no other way but to use symbols but looking at your consumption of all possible entries it seems like you will use symbols and then you'll have no option left. Make use of this field with logical values and try to create less groups.

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Could you let me know how many entries are available in Configuration for Material group ?

regards,

santosh