Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros and cons of having multiple ship to party against one sold to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone answer my query:

Pros and cons of having multiple ship to party against one sold to party.

Regards,

Moaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all, if in your scenario the Sold-to-party has many different delivery addresses, I think the choice of creating multiple ship-to-parties is quite necessary.

Anyway:

PRO:

• identifying easily different shipping addresses;
  • correct and complete management of customer's address information;
  • easy choice of alternative shipping partner during Sales Order creation;

CONTRA:

• more complexity in customer master data creation;
  • more data to manage for the customer in case of changes;
  • possibly, more complexity in invoice creation and invoice print-out,  according to customer's requirements (i.e. the customer wants to Group all the invoices for the same sold-to-party, grouping data in the print-out by ship-to-party);

The trade-off between creating alternative ship-to-party, and changing manually the delivery address in the  Sales Order, is the evaluation of how many times this can happen.

Best regards,

Andrea

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Moaz,

This is one of the standard functionality provided by SAP so therefore its due to some reason. Well lemme tell you that in our company currently we're having multiple ship-to-party scenarios running for Corporate Channel. One main thing that you need to take care of is to ask user to select ship-to-party carefully while creating sale order and if users do not have VA02 authorization and they've selected wrong ship-to-party then they would be in great trouble. You need to guide them accordingly for such margins. Secondly Customer Master data maintenance and assignment w.r.t ship-to-party can be hectic but it would be one time activity only and change in addresses and other info isn't that much frequent that one needs to be worried about. Rest i would appreciate if you kindly share your business process so further work around can be discussed. Thanks.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear * Ammarah *

could you comment on my post also plz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Venu,

Well if i'm not wrong then Sir G Lakshmipathi is referring to this particular point; suppose if we are creating Sale Order then we can manually change ship-to-party in VA01 even if we aren't maintaining it for a particular sold-to-party in XD02.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ammarah

i know we can change ship to parts in sales order but that one should be assigned in Partner determinataion right ?

ok any way i will try it i will let you know

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu gopal

You are confused with configuration and Master Data.  What you were asking is configuration and myself and * Ammarah *  has explained about master data.  In configuration, you need to have all partner functions like SP, SH, BP & PY but what I am trying to convey is with a partner function SP, while creating a customer master, by default, system will consider the same code as other partner functions which you can change manually.  Coming to your last query, yes even if a Ship To code is not maintained in a Sold To customer master, while creating sale order, you can assign a different Ship To that is not maintained in Sold To.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You're mixing partner determination with what Mr. G Lakshmipathi referred to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir G Lakshmipathi explained you well i believe now there wouldn't be any further confusion. Thanks.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot sir

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on the Business process only, one can decide whether having multiple SH will have positive impact or negative impact.

If you have multiple SH for a SP, you should be aware, while creating sale order, system will prompt all SH and you need to select any of those.  So this can either be taken as a positive impact or negative impact. 

For information, even if you are not maintaining multiple SH for a SP, you can very well change SH at the time of sale order creation.

G. Lakshmipathi

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi sir

i have one doubt on this

even if you are not maintaining multiple SH for a SP, you can very well change SH at the time of sale order creation.

Dear sir It means diractly we can maintaine in sales order right ?

ex : i have 1 sp like 1000000

now 3 sh-- like 100,102,103

Generally we maintaine in vopan then automatically it will come in to cmr the if we maintain One check box Right side in partner tab I think (  D )   SO Then only system will display list of parters while creating sales order now only we can change ...

but how is it possibility with out maintaining partners in vopan , how can change

sir if my understanding is wrong plz forgive me

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

this is very poassiblity in real time scenario bz one sold to party can have so many ship to partys

ex : sold to party is -- Panasonic ----it has so many ship partys like chennai,hyderabad,pune,Mumbai