Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling Drop Down list values using DDBI

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating a Webdynpro application with several dopdown list box, using table SKB1 for getting the values of Company Code, WAERS, MWSKZ, etc in corresponding fields.

So I am using DDBI and using a select query to fill all the list values through suppply function. But the portal takes long time for loading, as my code tries to get all the table entries from table SKB1.

I Know that, If I use an input field, there will not be a problem as F4 helps me.

But I need dropdown list. So please suggest me the best way and how to fill the dropdown list values in my application.

BR,

RAM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you really need a dropdown consisting of huge amount of values, then there is no other opportunity, as

1. bind it to the context node and map the node to it (e.g. lr_node->bind_table( ),

2. calling lr_node_info->SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET( )

Unless your data load lasts very long, the part where webdynpro fulfils the dropdowns - you can't affect. There should be no significant difference between the approaches and you should consider using dropdown for huge value sets.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable responses.

Problem is resolved.

I'm using input field UI element and SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET( ) for some of the fields using data element from master tables.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramakrishnan M.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, here the requirement is to have drop down list in any case.

Please follow the below steps

• Its always very important to get the value list from their own master tables rather getting from some other tables

i.e.

for fied BUKRS get the records from table T001,

for field WAERS get the records from table TCURC, ......

• Now, task it to identify the master table for each field and then fetch the records for drop down list
  • Now, Fetch very few fields ( not "*"  ) from the table SKB1 for which no master tables identified
  • Try to fetch records based on key fields in your case, on select of company code in your drop down list, fetch the records from SKB1 based on BUKRS

This way, you can optimize.

Also, note that, you sould not fetch data again and again, rather save it in a global internal table in component controller. So, that you can re-use the data available.

Note: Do not place your code in WD component, use methods of assistance class to fetch data.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member213957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

The SAP recommended that if drop down values have more than ten values or double digit values use F4 help only. Because its the performance issue. Instead of drop down use input field and assign OVS-help or Dictionary search help to that field. So, you can explain to your object owner drop down is performance issue for more values display.

Regards,

Kishroekumar