cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnCreateHandler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we still work in a proof of concept to find out if PERSONAS is able to fulfil the requirements we have when external Service provider working on our SAP-System. If an external Service provider login to the SAP-System a flavour, let’s call it “Basic-flavour”, with all the functions he needs will appear. Combined with this flavor by using the OnCreateHandler there is a script-button. The script of this button first of all select the user who is logged in. After this a WEB-RFC selects the data we need for the next steps from the user-profile of the selected user.

Each value, for example the fullname, the parameter AGR (Workcenter) and the parameter LIF (Vendor) we copy to customer own fields on the basic-flavour and show it to the user.

These values we need for the next process. For example the value from parameter AGR is necessary to select the PM-Orders the external Service provider is responsible for.

So far so good.

If a user starts one of the functions and come back to the “basic-flavour” you can see that the customer own fields get lost their values. Not really a big thing because the script-button behind the OnCreateHandler of the flavour will start again and select the data once again.

Here is the problem. The OnCreateHandler does not start every time, sometimes when a user comes back to the basic-flavour the OnCreateHandler doesn't work and the customer own fields stil stay empty. This will be worst case if an external service provider will start any other function without these values necessary for selection.

I know that a possible solution is to install the script which is attached to the OnCreateHandler of the basic-flavour to every other function we offer to the service provider but I think this makes it unnecessary complex to maintain the scripts.

The problem occur if a user starts a function like “Create notification (IW21)” and says “sorry, this was the wrong button” and leave the transaction back to the “basic-flavour”.

Has anyone similar experience and, i hope so, a better solution than my own?

Best regards!

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Well, we are aware of the issue of oncreatehandler being not fired up ONLY in SMEN transaction flavor sometimes and working on it.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

thank you very much for your answer.

I'm sure that, if you find a solution, it will become part of note for SAP Screen PERSONAS right?

Regards

Volker

Answers (0)