cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Protection disable in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a table element with several elements inside (text,conditiond,program lines).

This Table elemente is inside the Main Window.

Double clicking in the Table Element and checking the "Output Options" tab, we can see a "Page protection" checkbox", but it is disable for input.

I want to protected the elements for each loop of the Table element, because of page-break, but the option is disable, does any one knows why?

Regards,

Pedro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rosa,

yes it is... only the other way <b>u can achive this by using the FOLDER node</b>.

1.wht u have to do is---> wht ever u want to protect inside the table node...

2.insde the table create>FOLDER node> now include all the(text, conditiond, program lines etc.. in this folder.

3. for this folder >output options>u will find the page protection -->jut check it.

u r problem will be solved

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved

Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i know whats the reason for de disable checkboX .

In the first example i post, i put several elements inside a Folder. The problem is, that, when in those elements we have a "Table element" the PAgeProtection(output options) of the Folder is automaticaly disable.

In the second example (for a window that is not main) the PAgeProtection(output options) of the Folder is always disable, no mather what the type of elements inside, maybe because this is only available for main (dinamically) windows...

So, if i am right, there's no way of controling page break, in a folder that contains Table elements...?

Regards and thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Yes, you are correct. If I remember correctly there is also an OSS note about this behauvior.

Br,

Hannu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rosa,

u have misunderstod wht i have said.. i din't tell you to insert the table iside the folder... Inside the table MAINAREA use the folder in this folder insert the tablelines u r using..by this all the data whchever is printng inside the table comes in one page mean page protection will be enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm going to keep it simple, refering to another windows instead of MAIN.

I have a windown W1 inside Page1. This window has 2 TextElements.

I created a Folder under (but inside) page W1. Then include the 2 TextElements inside the Folder. Go to tab Output (of Folder node) and "Page protection" checkbox is disable for input....

I don't know why...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am doing as follow-->created a window >inside the window>created a folder in side the window>inside the folderi have inserted two text elements> in the output options of the FOLDER node PAGE PROTECTION check box is enable for input--> i have ticked it. it working fine..

i the same i have inserted the folder inside the table also.. it is working fine..

i have did it in many form for the page protection.

by default the check box for the folder is enabled for input.

once create a test smartform just with two elments-->use the folder check whether the OUTPUTOPTIONS of the FOLDER contains the PAGEPROTECTION enabled or not.

by that u will et to know whteher it is a problem with smartform installation who knows there may be some missing files r something i don;t know...

i hve workind on differnt verions every thing was fine with the folder as i told.

<b>Hi ALL,

can you please tell... have u eve faced this kind of behaveiour with the FOLDER... so that we can help him.. as it is better for me get the reason for this</b>.

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your replay, but i aldready try that with no sucess. In the F1 help over the checkbox "Page Protection", SAP says exactly that, but i tried and the page protection is still disable...

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

have u used the FOLDER node... but still it is not working!!!!!,

<b>can you please explaing wht u r doing exactly</b>.. i am sure it should works...if u can include all the TABLE LINE inside the table to the FOLDER and tick the PAGEPROTECTION of the FOLDER.