cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need table in SAP which stores both Cost Center and Expense Type

Former Member

Hi all,

I have created a expense report with 3 recipts with differentr cost centers.

What I see in the back end is the amount either by Expense Type or by Cost center separately in two different tables(ptrv_scos,ptrv_srec). So, I am not able to figure out within a cost center how much was spent for each expense type.

Is there any table in SAP which stores both Cost Center and Expense Type.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Looks like you are just looking for a report so you can see the cost center related to the thress expense types. If this is the case then look at standard report tcode S_AHR_61016405

If not then you can create a quick custom report usin table PTRV*

Hope this helps

Ankur

vidyali_nevrekar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ankur,

Narayana had raised this question on my behalf.

The result I got from tcode again shows the amounts by cost center and by expense type individually.

As shown in attached screenshot, I know that 800 is charged to cost center 851006, But there is no clue on which expense type these were charged.

The middle table just shows only by  Expense Type and has no reference of cost center.

I am looking for a table which will have refernce of both Expense Type and Cost Center.

Thanks,

Vidyali

vidyali_nevrekar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sven,

I need this information so that I can pull it into datawarehouse and build reports on it which would show the break up of the amount by Cost center and expense type together.

But I can do so only if SAP has that info stored somewhere or if I can find a way to related both using some logic.

Thanks,

Vidyali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyali,

not sure ypu'll find this info in the transparent tables PTRV* etc.

But it's definitely in the travel cluster.

Run Report RPCLSTTE to check it out:

- The cost per receipt and per diems are in cluster tables BELER, PAUFA, VPFPS, VPFPA, UEBPA

- the cost assignments are in table KONTI. Each has a key, which is then assigned to receipts and per diems (similar to the logic in the payroll cluster):

- KOSTB and KOSTK hold those cost assignments

- where there is no direct assignment involved you may have to go through KOSTR and KOSTZ

you probably need to doubly-check with that report - I may have missed a relevant cluster table or two. Long time since I programmed stuff like that.

Once you identify teh cluster tables you need and understand how the cost assignment with the keays in KONTI work, you can program your BI extractor using the same modules RPCLSTTE uses to read the travel cluster data.

But as said: not sure you might find it in the transparent tables as well, which will make it easier.

kind regards

Sven

vidyali_nevrekar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sven,

That will definitely help. I will let everyone know if I find anything.

Thanks,

Vidyali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyali,

from my knowledge such a table does not exist. All data of a trip is stored in some transparent tables and details in cluster tables. There are no such a thing than "Cluster table". KONTI is a segment from the cluster TE.

So if you like to have "readable" (for humans) information you need to build your own report. "Reading cluster segments".

At the end the best report for checking that is report RPRCLSTTE. (summary of all important information for one trip - transparent table or out of cluster segments)

Please be aware that you can have percentages/totals of an expense  to different cost elements!

Cheers,

Sigi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Monika_
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just use transaction PRTE to review all data stored in the cluster tables.

Regards,

Monika

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I also need to read the cost assignment at receipt level (so, expense type too). Does anybody know how to access that data? In one of the reply it is mentioned to use cluster table KOSTR, KOSTB and KONTI... any example?

Thanks in advance to whoever can help.

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did u find a way to link between expense type and cost center.

I have the same requirement, let me know what approach did you use to get the values

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please elaborate.

Regards,

Tejas

vidyali_nevrekar
Discoverer

Hello,

Yes, the cost assignments are stored in cluster tables :

• KOSTR stores the
    cost distribution at trip header level.
  • KOSTB which stores the cost distribution at Receipt level

Both these tables has the cost center keys in them and not the
actual cost center number.

You will need to extract another cluster table KONTI which has
the key and the cost center number for every trip.

Run the ABAP RPCLSTTE in se38 and you can enter a particular
trip number and see the content of above cluster tables.

Thanks,

Vidyali

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case you are talking about the Cash Journal, you can get the same in BSEG or TCJ_POSITIONS table.

In case this is not what required by you, please revert.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply,but this is not I am looking

I need the details of expense types for the particuler cost center.

I can get the details amount and cost center and amount and expense type but not all three in single table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

are you looking for such a table to read in a custom report you want to program or do you just need that information, so it could come out of a SAP standard report?