Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDMP - UNICODE CONVERSION - vocabulary maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need an info reagrding the vocabulary maintenance for an Unicode conversion from MDMP with languages ZH - IT - EN - DE - CS.

We discovered durign the vocabulary maintenance that

1) there's a lot of TRADITIONAL chinese words

2) there's a lot fo words in languages different from the actives one (for example french, spanish).

How do we have to manage those words?

Is it correct for the point 1) to use ZH despite is traditional and not semplified?

Is it correct for the point 2) to use EN for all the other languages?

Please advice.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

no one?

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

in case 1) you need to add language ZF and use this one for the Taiwanese texts. ZH does not work.

For 2) you can use EN (in a standard mdmp system) for any Latin-1 based language (basically languages spoken in Western Europe). E.g. for CS you MUST NOT use EN.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

0 Kudos

Hello Nils,

thanks for the answer. However how I could apply ZF or other language not installed? from SPUMG it allows only to give the active languages installed and we have not "spanish" active.

How is it "operative" possible?

Would you mind to suggest me how to manage the abbreviation too?

Example "N°" or similare?

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

you need to specify the active languages in SPUMG/SPUM4 during the initial setup of the transaction. You can specify languages, which are not installed in the system.

"N°" can be used e.g. in Latin-1 and Latin-2 languages. I would recommend to leave it empty (in the first round) and then analyze the reprocess logs (I guess you will get multiple entries caused by this one there). Then it can make sense to assign it to the code page where it occurs most often (e.g. in Latin-1 languages). Maybe you need to assign languages per table (remove tick in "discard duplicates" when displaying the vocabulary).

Best regards,

Nils