cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Project ID and WBS ID in Project Builder to Read only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I want to make the Project ID and WBS ID in the Project Builder to read only for all the users.

This is because the PS project is created from SAP PPM using the number range and we have to

avoid the users to make any changes in the Project ID and subordinate WBS ID.

To avoid any changes I want to make them read only.

Please suggest me how it can be achieved.

Thank you,

Lohith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Lohith,

Try following solutions.

1. To make project id read only. Go to OPUJ and make Project Profile (PROJ-PROFL) as Display Only.

2. To make WBS id as read only. Go to OPUK and seach for WBS id and mark it as display only.

Also,

you can create user status and have object types Project Definition and WBS Element. Then allow business transaction Change WBS number as forbidden.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply...

I tried field control there is no option for Project ID and WBS ID.

The Project-Profile (PROJ-PROFL) is not the filed name of Project ID.

The filed name of the Project defination ID and WBS ID field name is PROJ-PSPID.

Please explain me the second step creating the user status and make the Project Definition

and WBS ID to read only.

Any other methods which will help me to achieve this.

Lohith

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lohith,

Create a screen variant in txn shd0 and mark the field PROJ-PSPID as output only. wiki is available in forum on screen variant creation.

Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member293763
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can some one please help me if they were able to achieve this functionality and how? I am trying to use the user exit but facing issues. Thank you.

Regards,

Dhruv Kashyap

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you hijack existing discussion, that already has a correct answer? 🙂 Please read it in the green section.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for all your suggestions... I got many solutions for my issue.

I achieved my requirement using the Transaction and Screen variant creation.

The changes tested and its working perfectly as per the business requirement.

Its Very easy approach.

The only thing in this is the changes will be saved in the package and need a

work bench transport request.

Thank you all...

Will come up with more issues.

Lohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohith,

In addition to user status, following solutions can also be considered.

1. To include PROJ-PSPID field selection in OPUK, you need to execute tcode SFAW. Just enter module pool SAPLCJWB (it will come as defaulted although) and screen group as PROJ.

(Note: you need to have an access key to bring this field in field selections). You may also go through note 114390.

2. Best would be to use user exit CNEX0002. I mean via authorizations where activity 45 will be used.

Here, you need to use authorization objects like C_PROJ_VNR PS ( Project Manager for Project), PS_ACTVT (Activity for authorization check 45 Change project number), C_PRPS_VNR PS (Proj Mgr Authorization), PS_ACTVT  (Activity for authorization check 45 Change project number). Include these objects in user profile excluding activity 45.

3. You can also include validation functions. But you should be precise and clear on matching up your project id, project profile in your pre-requisite.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohith,

Yups, I completely missed out in field selection. You are right PROJ-PROFL is for project profile and both wbs id and project id are missing.

Anyways, to maintain an user status for WBS ID.You need to create a status profile first.Following are steps: (try to follow the same process for Project ID by doing some R&D)

1. Execute transaction OK02. Create new entry. Enter name for status profile, text and language. Click on continue. System will bring you to next screen.

2. Maintain status number as 1, Status as per your needs eg. ZWBS etc., Give short text as WBS ID not editable.

3. Mark Init. Status as checked.

4. Mark Lowest as 1 and Highest as 2. (Take help for these fields. you will come to know about their functionalities). Press Enter.

5. Click on Object Types on right top corner.

6. Search for Object Types WBS ID. (You will find the same for project definition also).

7. Click on WBS ID and Project Definition under column X.

8. Save It.

9. Click on User Status at the top. system will bring you to initial screen.

10. double click on the line item. New disabled field type window will open.

11. Click on new entry on top left.

12. Then many business transaction will appear.

13. Search for "change WBS" number business transaction.(Similarly search for Project ID business transaction entries)

14. Mark it as forbidden. (Similarly search for Project ID business transaction entries)

15. Save this status profile.

16. Assign this status profile in OPSA under status management-->WBS sts profile.

16. Open CJ20N, click on the relevant WBS and then click on i icon (blue color)

17. Look out for your status profile and status name and apply it.

18. Come back to CJ20N

Your job is done now.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria